Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

11-08-2006, 02:52 PM

help for stroke victim

A close friend of mine had a severe stroke about five years ago and is now virtually housebound and is thinking of investing in a new computor, she has not used her old one since she had her stroke.

The main problem will be using the mouse, she was always very right-handed and it is her right side that has been mainly affected. Can anyone on here tell me the best place for her to go to (or for me to go to on her behalf) to find out what is available to aid her with this. Kath
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
If your friend goes in to control panel and to mouse she can swop the mouse buttons so she can use it on the left hand side, by ticking the box next to "switch primary and secondary buttons" this should help her to use the mouse on the left hand side

Edited to add: I dont know of any shops with special equiptment though sorry
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-08-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/enable/inde...printable#mice

appendix d3.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks ceiron, that is MOST helpful as friend lives near Aylesbury and should be able to get along and see them.
I only found out today that she was hoping to get a new computor because my son called in to see her. He has offered to go and set it all up for her. I will phone her tonight and let her know what is happening. Kath