Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AMGT
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Sad about pretty girl attacked by dogs in Glasgow

It is so sad to hear another child has been attacked by out-of-control dogs. The 8 year old girl Broagan will have been traumatised. At least the Dangerous Dogs Act applies in this situation unlike that of the 14 year old girl Jade who was killed In Wigan earlier in the year.

Families in need of prayers and community support.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 06:16 PM
my heart goes out to Broagan and her family xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Poor little girl, really makes me angry that people are still walking round with these types of dogs that are obviously totally out of control. The owners haven't got a clue and couldn't care less
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Attack by two American Bulldogs

Get well soon Broagan.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Shocking Poor child.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2013, 09:11 PM
What a terrible experience for this little girl and her family, hopefully she will make a good recovery.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Poor little girl, really makes me angry that people are still walking round with these types of dogs that are obviously totally out of control. The owners haven't got a clue and couldn't care less
What do you mean by "these types of dogs"? It isn't the dogs fault but the owners, it seems that these dogs have attacked before but nothing was done, far too many owners won't report dogs that have attacked them or their dogs, if they did maybe there wouldn't be as many attacks on people.

I have one of the "Killer dogs" that the media and people who don't know any better, he refused to go past some big machinery the other week, he refused to go past a hatchback car the other day because the hatchback door was up. He hid behind me when a cat attacked him, my other dogs would have attacked back at the cat. It seems I have one of these "types of dogs".
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I know what TW means. AM bulldogs are not on the banned dog list - perhaps they should be? Wouldn't really matter a shake of a gnat's wotsit to me whether the blame should be laid at the feet of the owner or the dog if it were my child.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fight-dog.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ic-attack.html

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226690916440

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ent-crazy.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25g-I-mo2Q
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Whether you like it or not the wrong people get hold of these types of dogs and then there is disaster and it is usually a child.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Just take a look on YT for AM Bullies and see the sort of MORONS who like to own them and 'train them to fight'. There lies the problem with what TW referred to as 'these types of dog'. As I said, I know what she means. And she was not being SPECIFIC about BREED.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 12:57 AM
The Johnson line American Bulldog is the most popular where I live. They can harbor both dog aggression and human aggression by nature, unlike the other "pit bull" types which should NOT harbor human aggression.

I have seen the user "tawnywolf" speak badly about other bull breeds, so it's clear she dislikes the breed group, and not just their owners. Understandable because most of these bites are from bull breeds, but just pointing that out.

These "morons" will go for nearly any breed that isn't banned, as you can see. Ban the American Bulldog, and see what good it does you. They'll just find another breed, and another, and another until half of all dog breeds are banned, sans the friggin' Yorkshire Terrier.

Honestly... IMO there isn't anything the law can do to prevent dog bites. Try and try, take decades and decades... and dog bites don't go down.. they usually go up.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >