Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 10:41 AM

Red spots on his stomach

My little dog Harry is ill again. He had been sick for a few weeks and had lost weight so the vets suggested he have a biopsy, this was 4 weeks ago, the vet found red spots in his stomach (they looked like measles on the stomach lining). The results were sent away for testing. A few days later the vets called me to say they could not find a reason for the red spots, at the time I wasn’t worried because the medication they put Harry on seemed to be working and he was back to his normal self. Last Thursday Harry was sick again, I also notice he had red spots on his tummy and around his groin area. The following morning Harry went back to the vets, he had dermatitis. The vet gave me some tablets for the dermatitis and some more medication for the inflamation on the stomach. I didn’t worry too much, I thought Harry would get better after taking the medication. Harry was sick again twice yesterday and twice again today, I have made an appointment at the vets for 4.20pm today. I am worried they are going to want to do another biopsy on Harry, he is so tiny I really don’t want him to go through it all again.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I have been to see the vets about 5 times with Harry sickness problems, I don’t know what else I can do. Should I get a 2nd opinion?

I’m sorry this is a long one. I am so worried. I am sat at work and I just want to go home and sort Harry out.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi There I am so sorry to hear little Harry is still poorly..it must be a big worry for you having this going on for so long... have you discontinued the medication that was working ...if your vet has not found a cause for the problem, and I was in your position I would think about getting a second opinion . I really do hope Harry is better soon
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Poor Harry I hope you can sort out his illness soon

I would also suggest a 2nd opinion.
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I was wondering if Harry could have an allergy to the plants in my gardens, we don't have alot but we do have 3 tomato plants, could that be why he is being sick? I have never seen him eat them, I've only ever seen him wee on them. It was just a thought.
Meg
Supervisor

22-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Is Harry insured? Are you aware that you can request referal by your vet to a Royal Vet. College animal hospital? ..I am no sure where your nearest is..maybe this one... do a google search for.... Cambridge Veterinary School,The Queen's Veterinary School Hospital.

Yes touching plants can have an effect on dogs..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by lckerry
I was wondering if Harry could have an allergy to the plants in my gardens, we don't have alot but we do have 3 tomato plants, could that be why he is being sick? I have never seen him eat them, I've only ever seen him wee on them. It was just a thought.
Hi Ickerry,

My dog suffers from skin allergies but he isn't sick, just scratches a lot, mainly his ears and makes sores on them that bleed and ends up a white dog with red ears

What food is your Harry eating and have you changed it recently and is he bringing the food up when sick or just like yellow watery stuff?
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Is Harry insured? Are you aware that you can request referal by your vet to a Royal Vet. College animal hospital? ..I am no sure where your nearest is..maybe click here
this one...

yes touching plants can have an effect on dogs..
Fortunatley I do have Harry insured. I have probabley spent £400 this last two months on vets bills.
I wasn't aware that I could request a referal by my vet to a Royal Vet. Cambridge is the nearest to me. I will definatley keep that in mind when I go to the vets this afternoon. Many Thanks you have been very helpful as usual.
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Ickerry,

My dog suffers from skin allergies but he isn't sick, just scratches a lot, mainly his ears and makes sores on them that bleed and ends up a white dog with red ears

What food is your Harry eating and have you changed it recently and is he bringing the food up when sick or just like yellow watery stuff?
I always vary Harrys food, the food I normally buy is butchers but I also buy shops own brand and another brand called highlife (I think).
Harry sometimes brings up food but the last few days it has been yellow phelm, is this bile?
Meg
Supervisor

22-08-2005, 11:39 AM
.I would tend to go for a good quality pure food without additives and stick to it something like Burns..if you do a google seach for Burns Pet Nutrition ..then email them and they will send samples usually by return of post there is a list of stockists on the site and they will deliver to your door...Some of the shop brands are not of the best quality. Let us know how you get on at the vet..
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
.I would tend to go for a good quality pure food without additives and stick to it something like Burns..if you do a google seach for Burns Pet Nutrition ..then email them and they will send samples usually be return of post there is a list of stockists on the site and they will deliver to your door...Some of the shop brands are not of the best quality. Let us know how ou get on at the vet..
Can you buy this from a supermarket?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >