Female 

09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
My thoughts exactly Smokeybear!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
People choose to take part in such sick sports. People don't choose to eat animals killed the 'Halal' way when they buy a kfc or some meat from the supermarket, discusting that it can happen and we are not always informed of it.
I think that ANYTHING that is advertised as something else is disgusting, and it is TERRIBLE that we are not informed about it; the same thing happens with alleged local honey which is not, organic food that is not, and cod fish that is not, the list is endless.

People just need to ask don't they!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Not always, we had a rat in the back garden just a few weeks ago, my fella released it in a field on his way to work

Exactly, just because we THINK we know what people will do does not mean we ACTUALLY know does it!

Isn't terrible how so many people make generalisations!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I think that ANYTHING that is advertised as something else is disgusting, and it is TERRIBLE that we are not informed about it; the same thing happens with alleged local honey which is not, organic food that is not, and cod fish that is not, the list is endless.

People just need to ask don't they!
Wheres the cruelty in honey...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Wheres the cruelty in honey...
Those who suffer from debilitating hay fever are sold what purports to be local honey as a means of a cure, THAT is cruel.

Any form of deception iwhich results in health risks to animals and/or people just to make make money (as in farmers deliberatly feeding dead animals to cattle) is cruel.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:42 PM
People have the right to know how the meat they eat has been killed.

They may well buy wrongly labelled foods of all sorts---doesn't make it right that those foods are wrongly labelled nor does it make it right that the meat hasn't been!

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
People have the right to know how the meat they eat has been killed.

They may well buy wrongly labelled foods of all sorts---doesn't make it right that those foods are wrongly labelled nor does it make it right that the meat hasn't been!

rune

Could not agree more!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Those who suffer from debilitating hay fever are sold what purports to be local honey as a means of a cure, THAT is cruel.

Any form of deception iwhich results in health risks to animals and/or people just to make make money (as in farmers deliberatly feeding dead animals to cattle) is cruel.
Theres a huge difference in taste & texture in local honey & of course price! Once you sampled it, you would never buy mass produced again. Very hard to get though....
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-05-2011, 11:24 PM
As I say, I have not seen any animals struggling when killed correctly and I have seen hundreds, over 15 years. Just lucky I guess!
Sure - the animals don't struggle - that's why they have to tie their legs together and their necks to a tree! ->

WARNING CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES: http://youtu.be/_76vDJ72QlU

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It was wrong to kick the dog, it was also wrong to allow the dog to get that close to her, it's about mutual respect.
If the dog _did_ touch her, or get close to her it wasn't the end of the world - she could have just gone home and had a bath

If I was there I would have called for prosecution.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:17 AM
She couldn't Azz , the cleansing routine is more intense than that. The dog shouldn't have been anywhere near her, it's easy enough to do, it's about respect.
I never let mine go to someone unless it's clear the person wants contact. When we had the pups I went out of my way to ensure they couldn't get to people unless I was ok and they were, with contact and that was a hugely important part of their training as well.
Aside from the religion issue , some people do not like dogs, some people are allergic to them. One if my close friends is hugely allergic to dogs and uf a dog touched her she would be really ill. She isn't alone.
I am hugely allergic to cats,I spent the day in a house with 4 of them on Saturday. Despite my antihistamine I ended up wheezy, itchy eyed and sneezing. I didn't touch them and I really wanted to, but if I had done I would have become worse instantly, my skin would end up covered in hives and I would have had to go home. It's that bad. How unfair is it to assume it's okay for a dog to touch someone?
Page 10 of 41 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »