http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1326753
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Now here is a nice rental!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1326753
If that had INTERNET ACCESS I'd be interested!

Keep 'em coming Rosebud!

Oooh! just spotted that it DOES have good internet signal!

Oh hang on ..... NO ELECTRICITY?
No wonder it's so cheap!

I was thinking I could rent that and keep an apartment on here in Cyprus just escape to that during the stifling hot 3 summer months!

And .... NO WATER?
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
If that had INTERNET ACCESS I'd be interested!

Keep 'em coming Rosebud!

Oooh! just spotted that it DOES have good internet signal!

Oh hang on ..... NO ELECTRICITY?
No wonder it's so cheap!

I was thinking I could rent that and keep an apartment on here in Cyprus just escape to that during the stifling hot 3 summer months!

And .... NO WATER?
Yep! Well, there is the river!

The low cost of this as it was advertised brought down rent allowance limits for Clare in the Irish way,, oh and NO RENT ALLOWANCE because no CWO would ever grant it for that. It has been online a couple of years now and can you imagine the "wild life" therein

The daft site is great fun though. Some of the décor and descriptions...was looking for somewhere for a friend and the ad said "quiet situation".. was next to a working quarry.. NEVER trust the agents here; or the ads; always get someone to vet it .
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Yep! Well, there is the river!

The low cost of this as it was advertised brought down rent allowance limits for Clare in the Irish way,, oh and NO RENT ALLOWANCE because no CWO would ever grant it for that. It has been online a couple of years now and can you imagine the "wild life" therein

The daft site is great fun though. Some of the décor and descriptions...was looking for somewhere for a friend and the ad said "quiet situation".. was next to a working quarry.. NEVER trust the agents here; or the ads; always get someone to vet it .
Clueless as to what Rent Allowance is? Also clueless as to what the CWO is!

This sounds like a 'weekend retreat' to me, not a home.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Pat You can tell your boss was I that distracted you.

Our problem is we are looking at the garden first then the house. The garden is more important this time around. As long as the house has a roof and walls to hold it up we are happy. And location of course.
Hi, I like the Wisbech house and garden
The last house Gorden found has a lovely garden but I was imagining you in that skinny kitchen with Dillon following you down, he won't be able to turn around in there so you will have to back him out before you can get out Also always a bit of a worry with wood cladding, you don't know what's underneath?
How exciting though, must be lovely looking at all these places
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Clueless as to what Rent Allowance is? Also clueless as to what the CWO is!

This sounds like a 'weekend retreat' to me, not a home.
Irish welfare system. Rent Allowance is what poor folk eg pensioners or on welfare eg unemployed, get so that they can keep a roof over their heads, ie part of the rent paid. I am on this. There is a rent limit in each county so we get the bottom end of the housing market. CWo is Commun ity Welfare Officer who handles RA applications and decides. The paperwork for an application is incredible .. Garda vetting etc etc etc

Tenancy Law is fairly new here and many landlords are ignorant of it and fight it. Getting vital repairs done can be a nightmare. One place I had, the loo came away from the wall... Plumber was called but said it was too wet to fix. Spent six months hovering as it never got fixed.
Thankfully current landlord is excellent.. alleluia!

And a couple did live there a while; had a portaloo by all accounts. Back to nature time...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Irish welfare system. Rent Allowance is what poor folk eg pensioners or on welfare eg unemployed, get so that they can keep a roof over their heads, ie part of the rent paid. I am on this. There is a rent limit in each county so we get the bottom end of the housing market. CWo is Commun ity Welfare Officer who handles RA applications and decides. The paperwork for an application is incredible .. Garda vetting etc etc etc

Tenancy Law is fairly new here and many landlords are ignorant of it and fight it. Getting vital repairs done can be a nightmare. One place I had, the loo came away from the wall... Plumber was called but said it was too wet to fix. Spent six months hovering as it never got fixed.
Thankfully current landlord is excellent.. alleluia!

And a couple did live there a while; had a portaloo by all accounts. Back to nature time...
Thank you for the elaboration on it all. I assume you were 'entitled' to this as an EU citizen coming from another EU country when you moved there?

I'm never entitled to ANYTHING! Just interested!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I love the descriptions Pat.

Bit far to travel to Essex RB.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:48 PM
So happy for you Lynn, crikey all go now then... Some of those are not that far from me, I have been to the World of Ales a couple of times. And I sometimes go to ASDA in Wisbech.

Just been catching up with everyone, back to "normal" next week eversuffering husband is back to work tonight at stoooopid o clock I am taking him, as his truck needs taxing, we are sorning it for a month cos it falls at end of december So wont be going to bed until 2ish....so cant even have a V&T but I do have some of my very nice choccies left from my birthday
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Lynn you could always move north, then I'd have an excuse to meet the lovely Dillon

Most of my day has been spent on housework. Managed to stop the suitcase smelling so far. Hit it with febreeze as well. Have to see how smelly it is in the morning. Fingers crossed that's it de-stinkified.

For now watching a movie and ironing...
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >