Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Lucky Star - just wanted to say sending my commiserations for your poor dog and you having to care for him through it all.
Thank you so much.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Malka - no not a wheelie bin each duh!
2 between ALL the apartments. Works a treat and no arguments here (like in the UK) involving people putting stuff in other people's bins when their own are full up!

The difference between a holiday here and a holiday there (yours) is I have a POOL on my doorstep! And an ocean just metres away!

I still don't understand why high summer is the most popular choice but as it is still mostly Brits who visit (with the Russians close behind them) school holidays play a big part. Not generally allowed these days to take your kids out of school in term time for holidays.

Of course all Cypriots take their holidays in August. That's when half the garages, pharmacies and a lot of Tavernas close down - and all construction work stops etc. Garages and pharmacies take it in turns - alternate ones closing for the first two weeks and then the second two weeks. There are so many of both you don't miss the half that close down! We are awash with garages and pharmacies.

Bit like it used to be in France (dunno if it still is) where the whole country takes holiday in the same month.

Not something that happens in the UK. But I think it is a lot to do with giving workers time off during the hottest weather.

Used to happen in the UK eg Yorkshire, Wakes Week, as it was more economic to close a factory down and let everyone off than to stagger holidays.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Pat You can tell your boss was I that distracted you.

Our problem is we are looking at the garden first then the house. The garden is more important this time around. As long as the house has a roof and walls to hold it up we are happy. And location of course.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Arrived safe and so far so good, people seem nice , have an ensuite yay!
Glad things seem good so far, let us know how it goes
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You do your best Linda. I think we are going to try to see them all as we like them all.
the last link though we have fallen in love with from the write up and pictures plus Gorden has just done a satellite view and there is a shop called the beers of Europe up the road.
Wise to see all but maybe UK agents are more honest and regulated than they are here. Even with rentals the descriptions are very... inventive
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Enjoy the time away E.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Pretty evening and the fields are cut in such lovely patterns as the shapes of the fields follow the river, whorls and swirls.. so artistic,, ah but he is back with the egg whisk, turning and piling the rich Irish pasture grass and spoiling the effect!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Sounds good; a wee holiday!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Puff your chest out - ratchet up your self esteem. Go for it girl - what have you got to lose? You will do just fine. And keep us informed xx

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
[/B]
Used to happen in the UK eg Yorkshire, Wakes Week, as it was more economic to close a factory down and let everyone off than to stagger holidays.
Yes same here but with the addition that the GOVT pays for holidays and public holidays so employers win out really and the employees just get the basic pay to ensure that they are given their due holidays.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Pat You can tell your boss was I that distracted you.
Oh yeah I am sure that will do it lol! "Please sir a big girl made me do it" lol! Fortunately I don't have to 'tell my boss' anything. I am a law unto myself. But I do have to deal with a BACKLOG if one builds up
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Wise to see all but maybe UK agents are more honest and regulated than they are here. Even with rentals the descriptions are very... inventive
Indeed. I am reminded of all the jokes about Estate Agent Speek and I must go find some now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Here's a few to be going on with

‘Quaint/ Cosy’ – This commonly used description may paint an image of a comfortable homely atmosphere but be warned, if either of these words have been used to describe a room then chances are you will struggle to fit more then one fully grown adult in it. And even then it will be a tight fit.
‘Has Character’ – In film terms this phrase could perhaps be taken as a compliment. In the property market however it is used not to describe the Oscar worthy performances but rather those that went straight to the bargain section of HMV. Think matching green bathroom appliances, brightly coloured walls clashing beautifully with even brighter carpets.
‘Mature’ – When talking about a person this may well be a desirable quality but in terms of your future home, if a building is being described as mature then chances are not only was it built quite a long time ago – but it also looks it.
‘Deceptively spacious’ – This particularly sneaky phrase is often employed for use with house that appear tiny, and in fact they are tiny! But they just so happen to have a very large attic or cupboard, or the majority of the rooms are incredibly small apart from one, which is just about normal size and so in comparison seems enormous.
‘Many original features’ – If you are looking to buy a large country estate then the fact that it contains original features would be of great importance. In this case it probably isn’t. Said features probably aren’t quite so desirable. Original Victorian beams are one thing; the oven and bathroom appliances that were installed when the house was built in the 80s aren’t quite so appealing.
Here are some more HILARIOUS ones:

http://www.muswell-hill.com/muswell/...tateagents.htm
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >