Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I think people blow this out of preportion to be honest. You can blatently see its been posted by someone who hates him and will make him look bad. You can see that he is using a very gentle touch and yes it ok to nudge a dog which i what he is doing he knows what he is doing and he has fixed many a prblem that would take months with standered methods. Ive only heard of one complaint against him by celebs that were used on his show and that was by victoria stirwell who I really don't like but even she said his methods are very old school yet they seem to work in most cases.

If it was believed he was being creul to the dogs Brittish tv would not air the shows at alll they very hot this type of thing.
lol really?
minniesmom
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:35 AM
What a cruel thing to do! Based on the title, I refuse to watch any of the video. Can't it be taken off YouTube?
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Are you using your feet on your puppy? Could this be why you`re having trouble perhaps?
You like to assume a lot don't you?? I notticed that by which you posted in another thread assuming the foult was mine.

No I would never use a nudge on a puppy or any physical punnishmnet for that matter.

Are you watching a different video? You can see that the "nudge" often moves the dogs feet off the ground, or at least moves the ribcage/body with a fair bit of force. If I walked up to you and "nudged" you with the same force I would be expecting a lot of verbal abuse, if not a slap/punch back, and these dogs are half the size or less than a human

The difference is Milun is usually dealing with large agressive dogs and a nudge is needed to get their attention. It obviously works for him he knows what he is doing I wouldnt recomend to every owner that they should nudge their dog as I don't think regular dog owners could know the difference of pressure that Milun knows to use

But I have never seen him use anything harder then a nudge and feel that people blow it out of preportion

As I have said previously if for one moment Brittish tv thought he was being cruel the animals it would never shown.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Like I said, go up and "nudge" a person with the same amount of force and I bet you will not be excused like you would an accident knock of the elbow/shoulder.
I own a large (40kg) reactive dog and I have never needed to kick him. You work around the dog's threshold, you don't stomp right past it to the point where you need several kicks to get the dog's attention.
As for it not being on TV if it was cruel, I saw a vet documentary the other day where the vet was winding up a scared, aggressive chihuahua that had an obvious fear of the vets. Instead of having it sedated, or held by the calm female owner, the nervous male owner was half-heartedly restraining it and the vet kept trying to grab it to give it its booster and kept getting lunged at. This was in the name of entertainment, "good" TV, but cruel to the dog IMO.
Even the American Humane Association requested that National Geographic stopped showing CM's program, even over in America.

I'm not saying this as someone jumping on the anti-CM bandwagon, I'm saying this as someone who used to enjoy watching the show from a TV/entertainment POV and has now looked at it more indepth and I've grown to dislike the show because of the methods used. I'm saying it as someone with a large breed reactive dog who has been improved with positive methods, and as someone who can see the obviously uncomfortable body language of all these dogs and just doesn't get why the owners are allowing all this to be done to their dog for the sake of making a "good" TV show.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 01:42 PM
lol really?
Yes! Remeber the cat dumping woman the amount of bad press she got??? If Cesar was doing anything wrong his shows certainly not still be aired.

Then their was that row between the foulty towers actor and russell brands radio show which was blown out of preportion and he quit the show though Johnathon ross didnt.

Non politically correct stuff doesnt last long on tv and Cesar has been on the air for a long time.

Even Costa coffee got briefly in toruble about the use of babboons in their advert.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes! Remeber the cat dumping woman the amount of bad press she got??? If Cesar was doing anything wrong his shows certainly not still be aired.

Then their was that row between the foulty towers actor and russell brands radio show which was blown out of preportion and he quit the show though Johnathon ross didnt.

Non politically correct stuff doesnt last long on tv and Cesar has been on the air for a long time.

Even Costa coffee got briefly in toruble about the use of babboons in their advert.
Its kind of an emperors new clothes thing here tho
Millan says it isnt cruel and says it is for the dogs own good so people believe it isnt cruel
Who is to say it is cruel? Well pretty much all of the recognised UK professorial groups find it cruel and have asked for it to be banned including the APBC APDT and the dogs trust

The problems are that our wellfare laws are so rubbish - a dog can spend his whole life locked in a garden and that is not considered cruel so long as he has food water vet attention and shelter than that is considered OK

also people have trained dogs using agressive methods for years so it is taken as the norm in some circles

yes these methods can work - but science has discovered WHY it works - and its not kind to dogs

PUTTING dogs into a hightened stressed out state to try and 'train' them is actually not as effective as teaching them to be calm

Many many trainers deal with dogs every bit as agressive as CM deals with - but they dont get bitten, dont have to fight with the dogs and dont stress them out

It just dosent look so dramatic on TV
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:08 PM
You like to assume a lot don't you?? I noticed that by which you posted in another thread assuming the fault was mine.

No I would never use a nudge on a puppy or any physical punishment for that matter.

The difference is Milan is usually dealing with large aggressive dogs and a nudge is needed to get their attention. It obviously works for him he knows what he is doing I wouldn't recommend to every owner that they should nudge their dog as I don't think regular dog owners could know the difference of pressure that Milan knows to use

But I have never seen him use anything harder then a nudge and feel that people blow it out of proportion

As I have said previously if for one moment British TV thought he was being cruel the animals it would never shown.
You didn't see the episode in which he strangled a dog until it was rendered unconscious then ????? He kicked the dog to get it to react & then strangled it !

British TV has shown lots of programs in which animals have been mistreated in training starting with Barbara Woodhouse & the infamous Yorkshire Terrier incident right up to CM & his "Illusion Collars"
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:41 PM
You didn't see the episode in which he strangled a dog until it was rendered unconscious then ????? He kicked the dog to get it to react & then strangled it !
Unless you can show me a video I won't believe something like that
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Unless you can show me a video I won't believe something like that
this one
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:59 PM
or this one

How much equipment does he have round that poor dogs neck?? I see his illusian collar and a lead tru handle choke (same as he used on shadow above) and another one at least

or this one

and I believe these last two cases were in his book as dogs he failed to 'fix'
Page 25 of 49 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »