Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 09:10 AM

Retrospective

Hi I suppose when we lose something, you get a bit maudling,my way of dealing with it,is if I see any articles or poems printed,it may not always be about dogs,I cut things out and put in my scrap books,so feeling a bit blue started going through them.
The first thing I found was a photo-copy of this georgeous model,but in the second picture,it shows the back of the same model dress held together with bull dog clips hair screwed up,and shoes that look two sizes small,you go through life thinking if only but in fact its not real.
There is an article by Mickey Rourke,his choice of dog surprised me he has 7 chihuahau,he talked about the company that these dogs provide in his lonely life,he talked movingly about his first dog Loki who died at 18 just before he was due to appear at the Oscar's after his nomination as best actor,He likes the small dog because they live longer and he doesnt have a gucci bag,he stated that LA's chiuahua problem that they were replacing pit-bulls,that most Animal shelters will be 50% chiauhau,the reason being they are hard to house train,and most people are not prepared to take the time to train,but with most dogs you just have to keep on, surely its not a reason to dump dogs.(guardian 8th jan 2010).
Another Article I had cut out was The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine,she reckons a woman who is post menopausal loses her nurturing gene,she's said to become selfish in a way she has never been before and no longer feels it necessary to shop,cook and clean for those around her,the children have left home,and the man in her life can stand on his own two feet.I think in some ways this may be true,but on the other hand,women of that age start Animal Hoarding,so surely you are now entering the empty nest syndrome,and the nuturing gene is alive and well.
I found this poem by Rudyard Kipling,
Wen the fourteen years which nature permits,Are closing in asthma or turmour or fits And the vets unspoken prescription runs to lethal chambers or loaded guns Then you will find - its your own affair but you've given your heart to a dog to tear.
Sorry if I seem to be rambling,but food for thought,would love to hear how if you see something
or read do you keep it or am i really sad.Gemini54
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't think you're sad Gemini,if it helps,why not?
Not sure I agree with the theory on the female brain though None better than nannies I think spoil their grandchildren rotten Maybe it is true of some but definitely not all in my opinion.As for becoming selfish and losing the Will to shop I don't know any woman like that
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2014, 10:44 AM
You're entitled to feel sad, we all deal with it differently and there is no right way, just right for you.
As for the female brain hmmmm well I think we're all different to each other and also different times of our lives bring out different aspects of our personality. I'm post menopausal and can't say my nurturing insticts have changed much over the years at all. I still cook, clean, shop etc. I have to eat so why not feed those around me at the same time. I seem to spend half my life cleaning, what with having a husband who can never find the bin and having 7 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parrots and a cockatiel the scope for housework is endless. I've never been fond of shopping but it still gets done, the internet is a godsend. My children have left home but I can't say I have an empty nest, I swear I see them and speak to them more since they moved out than when they lived here. Not to mention bank of mum. The man in my life can stand on his own two feet, I suspect he always could tbh. I do have a lot of animals but I'm definitely not a hoarder, don't hoarders have more than they can really look after properly or afford. They tend to let their standards slip re housework etc. My house is spotless and fresh smelling, I have the sense of smell of a bloodhound.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I don't think you're sad Gemini,if it helps,why not?
Not sure I agree with the theory on the female brain though None better than nannies I think spoil their grandchildren rotten Maybe it is true of some but definitely not all in my opinion.As for becoming selfish and losing the Will to shop I don't know any woman like that
Then you need to meet me

Someone said to me yesterday that their name was Perkins as in "Dorothy Perkins" when I stood there looking blank, she said to me "you know, the shop" I still stood there like a lemon, she said " You know!! The clothes shop! Dorothy Perkins!!" eventually the light dawned

Now if she had said Travis Perkins I would have got it straight away...

Gemini - I write when I find thing difficult, just spew it all out on paper, sometimes when I look back I think, whoa really, gosh that was a bad day
I can see where you are coming from and you may be saddened by your loss but not sad
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Then you need to meet me

Someone said to me yesterday that their name was Perkins as in "Dorothy Perkins" when I stood there looking blank, she said to me "you know, the shop" I still stood there like a lemon, she said " You know!! The clothes shop! Dorothy Perkins!!" eventually the light dawned

Now if she had said Travis Perkins I would have got it straight away...

Gemini - I write when I find thing difficult, just spew it all out on paper, sometimes when I look back I think, whoa really, gosh that was a bad day
I can see where you are coming from and you may be saddened by your loss but not sad
I take it you've never been a shopping fan though,so it's not a hormone related issue or is it Also going by how you treat your doglets,you are in no way selfish,quite possibly not menopausal either,for that matter