Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh my goodness, what a nightmare for you.

Everything crossed here that both dogs are okay, and big cuddles for you.
Thank you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-03-2014, 10:45 PM
So sorry to hear about Remus - hope he is improving now.

Hugs and cuddles from me and Loki to Remus xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
So sorry to hear about Remus - hope he is improving now.

Hugs and cuddles from me and Loki to Remus xx
Thank you. He's right as rain...or thinks he is and doesn't know why he has to wear a stupid boot or why he can't run.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Aww bless him.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Aww hopefully someone can sit with him, and that he doesn't have to wear the horrible boot for long xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Very thin skin, big dog, mischief maker, low pain threshold. Makes for a combination that can cause LOTS of hard to deal with boo-boos.

I hope he manages okay and that this truly stops happening VERY soon. Hope Tonks is all right, as well. Mammary lumps are supposedly somewhat rare in spayed bitches, so hope there is nothing there.

Hope he is managing okay with the boot thingy and hope he doesn't have to wear it for long. I had to tape socks on my previous Lab mix so he'd not get at a neck wound. He didn't care one bit and didn't even try to take them off!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Not sure how I missed this but I did

Poor Remus!! and your poor wallet

How is he coping now? Hope things are a bit more settled this week for you, sending furry hugs from me and the gang
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2014, 11:38 AM
I also missed this - poor Remus, poor Tonks, poor you Catrin [especially in your wallet area...] and good luck for the vet visit tomorrow. (((hugs))) xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Aww hopefully someone can sit with him, and that he doesn't have to wear the horrible boot for long xx
Well to add to the chaos Merryn is off school with vomiting tonsillitis.....and the JRTs I've taken on walking for two weeks don't get on with the collie I walk, so I'm having to walk the jacks separately. Luckily carys was at preschool until one today and Paul's mum sat with Merryn while I did the walks. Paul won't be home again until late Friday, but Margwret is coming again tomorrow to be with both girls while I take the dogs to the vets and do the walks, and I have a friend coming on Friday so it's just Wednesday and Thursday to get through.
He keeps trying to remove the boot to get to the bandage so bitter apple is coming in very handy. Unfortunately he used the opporutnity of me being distracted while Merryn was being sick to do walk of death round the garden and frenzied digging in the sand pit. He was limping this morning but I hope that the big bandage and boot get his toes still enough to not do anymore damage....we shall see when the bandage comes off tomorrow. I'm also going to ask about upping his Clomicalm for a while until we are settled in the new place and he is allowed to run again.
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Very thin skin, big dog, mischief maker, low pain threshold. Makes for a combination that can cause LOTS of hard to deal with boo-boos.

I hope he manages okay and that this truly stops happening VERY soon. Hope Tonks is all right, as well. Mammary lumps are supposedly somewhat rare in spayed bitches, so hope there is nothing there.

Hope he is managing okay with the boot thingy and hope he doesn't have to wear it for long. I had to tape socks on my previous Lab mix so he'd not get at a neck wound. He didn't care one bit and didn't even try to take them off!
Funny isn't it. I've never had a dog who was bothered by bandages before, but maybe I've never had one who hat to have them so young.

Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Not sure how I missed this but I did

Poor Remus!! and your poor wallet

How is he coping now? Hope things are a bit more settled this week for you, sending furry hugs from me and the gang
Thank you. Apart from the mad quarter of an hour yesterday, he is actually coping very well...keeps on trying to take the boot off and walking is like flying a kite when he sees another dog, and he's a bit noisier....but he's spending a lot of time snuggled on the sofa.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I also missed this - poor Remus, poor Tonks, poor you Catrin [especially in your wallet area...] and good luck for the vet visit tomorrow. (((hugs))) xx
Thank you. Xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Oh Catrina! And I've never had a dog that had to be bandaged until they did Bella's Belly Bandage after her spay.

She wasn't bothered by the bandage (had them on her legs too!) she was only bothered by anyone trying to take them off!

I read all these problems and think I must the the luckiest dog owner on earth - none of my dogs having suffered hardly any of the stuff I read about here.

GSD got pyometra and mammary tumour (but was 11 and unspayed so as I found out later - not unusual) and didn't 'die young'.

Cavvy got the MVD that gets nearly all of them. But she was 10 too and only had it for a very short time. Tested HD free until she was 8 and then only had it mild until 3 weeks before the end. Previous to that - one ear infection and a few teeth removed.

Bella - having come to me half dead has never had anything worse since then (3+ years) than a slight sticky eye. Not even a hint of an upset tum, nothing.

Of course obviously on a site like this you are going to hear about the things that go wrong and from all over the UK and elsewhere in the world. People don't start a thread to say 'my dog is in tip top health' do they?

So it may be that it just 'seems' lots of dogs have lots of ailments I never heard of!

But I've been really lucky - no hip or arthritis probs, no allergies or food intolerances and NO accidents either.

Better go and touch a bit of wood now.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >