Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Oscar & Star

Hi everyone,

I posted a couple weeks back with piccies of my Son, Oscar at his riding lesson. His first lesson was 4th. April.

Already he can walk, steer, stop, trot (rising and sitting trot), and canter all on his own. Obviously the trainer is always with him but he certainly doesn't need anyone leading the horse anymore.
They do this anyway though just on the offchance something goes wrong.

Now he's learning jumps too. Enjoy!!

Sorry - my fingers got in the way on the last one!

Not bad for a 4 year old!

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Well Done Oscar........a true spirit there......

How proud you must be laura
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Absolutely - whether he's being a human on a horse or a collie in the park, I'm always proud of him.

Thanx Steph.

Laura xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow, that looks really impressive, way to go Oscar

Wish I'd been taught to ride at that age - so much less fear
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Hali,

Before we had Zane (now 16 months) he wouldn't go near ANYTHING with 4 legs. He was terrified of ALL animals. So to be able to play and run amonsgt just just our own dogs but others' dogs too, and quite happily go wlking up to a horse he doesn't know particularly ell just goes to show fear can be overcome. I think a lot has got to do with trust with kids though.

Although it may have stemmed from when he usede to curl up onthe sofa specifically soEllie (now 12 months old) could jump on his head!

Laura xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi ALl,

Good news. Oscar's Dad has agreed to take him horseriding onthe weekends he has him stopp at hi shouse. This means Oscar gets twice as many group lessons with the other children that he absoutely adores so he can progress at the same rate as everyone else now.

I was organising private lessons for him (cost me a small fortune so far so SOOO worth it) at least once a week to make up fo the group lessons he'd be missing.

It has paid off though - to get to the standatd he's reachedalready in less than 6 weeks is fantastic in my opinion. And I'm not just saying that 'cos he's mine. I really do think he's done well. After all, most 4 year olds can't balance well enough to ride alone for quite a while after they start classes.

His trainer also breeds horses and thre are 6 foals due (not sure when) altogether over the next coupleof months I think.
She told me (as I enquired about him having his own pony/horse) I can have one for nothing and they'll feed, look after and maintain it so long as it remains with them and they cn use it for lessons for others up until Oscar is bi enough to ride it (cos it's gonna be a big one - bit like a mini shire horse with furry feet and a moustache!).

So he'd get to ride his own horse during private lessons and a different horse during group lessons. Of course I've accepted as I know nothing about keeping horses really and doubt I'd ever be able to afford it.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Bless him - and only 4!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Aww Bless him Well Done Oscar x
queenwillow