Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Snap !

For showing purposes mine are also taught to "watch me", which they do, without moving...lol and often when the Judge has wanted a good front view, I've told them to watch the judge too, so they are used to staring at someone without it meaning anything other than "I'm gonna get treated for this in a minute" lol

For some dogs though, it's taken as a challenge, so it's not a good idea for anyone to do it to a dog they dont know

exactly

thanks eveyrone

millie is taught to watch and 'focus' ons eomthing - whether it be a person or object - but to go upto a strange dog n stare at it isnt the wisest or ideas

i was telling this person dont do it for their own sake - trying to prevent some poor dog potentially being in trouble becauseof this persons stupidity - even when they dont have a dog - and wont listen to me - an owner of 3 dogs - a mother who has always been with dogs, who i did ask after about this and she agreed with me!!

well - i can only tell this person - its up to them if they choose to listen or get bitten!!! flipping good job millies a very placid dog
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh dear some people well at least you tried to warn him. I had my old GSD at a friends house once and encountered a numpty the same, he stood in front and leaned in towards my dog and stared him in the eye. Then he jumped back and needed a change of underpants when my dog went for him Fortunately he was on lead and under control, but the numpty who did the staring thing said he had learnt and wouldn't be doing that again lol!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2