Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Apparently I'm a miserable cow.

For telling a bloke not to disturb my dogs when I'd just put them in a down wait.

Was waiting my turn at a market stall so had put them in a down. The comment came from his chavvy lady friend.

Why do people think it's their right to prod at any dog they see?

On a positive I spoke to a lady who was teaching her young kid to ask before you touch and Hocus was happy to oblige for a fuss.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
That guy was a muppet. Some people really do think they have that right - often the first to complain if they get bitten too.
Great to see some parents teaching their children to ask I always say thank you for asking to the children, I wish more parents did it
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh you miserable cow!

How dare you not let that self important moron disturb your dogs.

I would of just laughed in their faces
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Hocus loves fuss and I'm happy for people who ask to say hello to him, Teg still doesn't like people who don't allow him to go to them so that is why I like people to ask so I can explain.

The kid was really polite and the mum was nice and didn't freak when Hocus gave the kid a lick.

The chavvy woman got told where to go.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 10:13 AM
for me if you take your dogs to car boots, pubs, market stalls etc you've got to expect some random human interaction.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
for me if you take your dogs to car boots, pubs, market stalls etc you've got to expect some random human interaction.
But why should we expect it? It's obvious that somebody will probably want to ask about your dogs or touch them but to simply do it without asking is rude, especially if the dogs have had some kind of control put on them.

I put my dogs in a down wait on the park yesterday whilst I went back to the poo bin. A man allowed his dog to come straight up to them which they thankfully ignored because they were too focused on me and the fact I was walking away from them. Surely a bit of consideration is what we should be expecting?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
But why?
I don't expect people to poke at or touch me or my bag of shopping or anything else of mine, so why my dogs either.
Is it not just manners to ask before you touch something, whatever it happens to be, belonging to someone else.
Manners are sadly lacking these days.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 11:32 AM
what a nightmare i hate people that think they have every right to do what they like.

i like it when children ask to stroke, i was always taught that and still ask the owners of dogs now.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-08-2012, 03:03 PM
good reason to teach the 'speak'...
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
oh thats pathetic!

I get funny looks when I move away from people who put their hands out to pat the dogs "on the move" in town. One way to get bitten " a swipe pass" when the dog isnt looking at you, doesn't know its coming and you're a total stranger!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >