Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bulldog1972
New Member!
Male 

28-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi

We couldn't change it would mess dillon up to much, so credit crunch or not it just wouldnt be worth it. It has taken 8 months just to sort his stomuch out and touch wood he is ok at the min.If though i had a dog that has not got a sensitive stomuch i would think about it.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Same food here, not worth changing, and to be honest, I know everyone is talking about the credit crunch, but(and I dont want slamming here) I have not noticed anything different? we are on a fixed income, not after a mortgage or wanting to borrow money from banks, we seem to be spending the same as we have always done? in fact we might even be a litle better off because of the low interest rates, and a small reduction on our mortgage repayments?

Mo
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 08:24 AM
I feed CSJ champ after being on burns and it's gotten weight on Fly after her bug. I also feed tripe. Both our dogs do well on it so I wont be changing again
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I have not changed from JWB for mine as it suits them. I have it delivered for free from a local man that sells it for less than PAH ect. I saw a post on here today that said they get thiers from a warehouse and pays half what I do from there and a couple of my friends have a card for there so will be using them from now.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Have just changed mine to CSJ. Skye has the senior lamb and rice and the others That'll Do. They enjoy it and they are doing really well on it.
Hermionesmum
New Member!
Female 

02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
A false economy, in my experience. Having found a food that my dogs are fit and healthy on, changing would be asking for trouble IMO.
I agree, it really upsets Hermione's belly changing food
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
i've been reading this and what i noticed was the difference in the prices people pays for the same food i get my james wellbeloved from a local pet shop and its 34.99 and arden grange is 26.99 these are both 15 killo sack so i have tempted to try the arden grange as its seems to be almost the same as J W less than 6 months ago i was paying 26.99 for J W but the prices here seem cheaper than a lot of people are paying elsewhere
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
in the prices people pays for the same food i get my james wellbeloved from a local pet shop and its 34.99
When I first got my Lab, I fed JW and was paying about that price. That was roughly 5 - 5 1/2 years ago. Now it is £42 down here...
oldshep52
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Sticking to Burns
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
No change here either but we belong to the club of sensitive tums, lol! Tigger gets colitis type symptoms and loses weight quickly and easily when he's ill. He's not a stocky lad anyway so I need to be careful with what he eats...so (finally getting the point ) he has Naturediet.

Wish I had time/guts/freezer space to feed raw but don't at the present time so see Naturediet (usually Lamb and just trying their new Rabbit/Turkey as we speak) as the next best option. Not cheap though, I pay just over £50 for 4 trays x 18 packs....Tigs eats 2 a day so the total price covers him for a month-ish. He occasionally will have some minced beef shoved into a kong and once a week I empty tuna or sardines in oil over one meal.

In the past he's had Bakers (back in breeder days ) James Wellbeloved - he would leave it and grow terribly thin
Burns - tolerated it but couldn't put weight on with it.
Chappie - only had it for a few days when sick once and vet rec'd it..so would possibly be ok (stomach wise) on that if need be.
Nature's Harvest - these are packs of wet food and we got them from PAH for a while as they certainly smelled more appetising than ND but our local stopped selling them.

If we won the lottery I would buy an additional freezer and feed raw, no question...oh and a blindfold so i couldnt see any blood and guts..

Y'know the whole 'Don't give cooked bones to dogs' advice, how come PAH sell those shrinkwrapped cooked bones....or am I getting confused here? What should I ask for if I went into a butchers cos I think Tigs would love a bone to chew on (nothin lasts long!) and would help remove any tartar from his teeth,yes?

See, I don't post here for ages then I write a bleedin' essay!
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >