View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I have fed my dogs one of the cheaper brands for the last 10 years . When I got a rescue dog from the SSPCA she had been fed on it so I decided to use it for a while till she settled in . My dogs are still on it they get no diarrhoea or constipation , their coats are lovely and they have no allergies etc . Despite the fact they are all between 11 - 15 they are never at the vet apart from routine thngs .
Maybe I've just been lucky I don't know
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Tonks is fed on FROMM which is like James well Beloved but a bit more tasty, it more expensive than other foods but Tonks and my parents dog do really well on it and i get a 10% reduction from dog training.

I wouldn't change foods, but then i don't really see the needs to alternate foods if you have found a good one that your dog does well on. Tonks occasionally gets things added to her dinner like olive oil, cod liver oil, tuna, sardines, liver cake, chiken, and very occasionally her Nanny gives her some gravy on the weekend
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 12:56 AM
No I'll continue to feed what I know suits them. I don't enjoy clearing up after upset tummies.
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
We feed WAGG and wilsons (with a bit of cooled boiled water), have done for ages and both dogs are very healthy. NO hyper activity like some foods induce

I find WAGG Vgood for no artificial colours etc. A bonus it is one of, if not the cheapest.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2008, 06:12 AM
we have switched to something cheaper. but its additive free and sensisitive, no colourings, no dodgy brands, and agree with our belgian who has food allergies.
and its 8.90 for 15kg!
CSJ Champ
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
we have switched to something cheaper. but its additive free and sensisitive, no colourings, no dodgy brands, and agree with our belgian who has food allergies.
and its 8.90 for 15kg!
CSJ Champ

CSJ look really good - they were very good and sent me samples to try for my pup. If i have to change his food again i'll be going with them My leo girlie gets Dr Johns Gold medal and does superb on it.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Still using Burns, though I've wondered about Skinners or CSJ, just not sure if they're as good
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
i switched from Burns, to Harringtons, and it hasnt affected Bruno in the slightest, his coat etc are still lovely and shiny, and his bum isnt making a lot of noise which is normally the tell tale !!

It wasnt just cost though its convenience too as I kept running out of burns as need to order it online as cant buy it locally, as oppose to the harringtons which i get in tesco round the corner and they keep having it on special offer and so have bought loads in bulk now.
Sophie*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm still feeding eukanuba, which is what Oscar's breeder recommended. I'm considering changing food but not because of the credit crunch. I have a different bank account where I put a bit of money into for an emergency. It's mostly for Oscar - in case I have to pay vet bills or whatever.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Haven't changed mines,still on same old Purina here,xxxxx
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »