Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
I'll have a look around!

I found a ringcraft class, 10 minutes away from us and it's on the first Tuesday of each month. We've never done anything like that before but it can't do any harm can it? I'm going to email them and askif I can come to the next class and if you have to haveany experience.

Just the agility or obedience now. I did find a class that said the did it 30 minutes away, but in the description it said they did something called "Defensive Of Handler" which sounds dodgy to me...

I'll speak to my dad Rambler and then email, thanks!
Hi Alice,
There is also this group....
I don't know much about them, I know people who have been to their classes and have had their dogs board with them when they are away on holiday. I have to say the people I have spoken to who have been to their classes never seem to oooze enthusiasm....some puppy owners we've met in the park who have just come from their classes have said their classes are a bit dull....I can't say though, I'm just offering an alternative that I am aware of that does the things you seem to be looking for...I think they are pricey too...when they first opened I think they said it would be £8 a session for my BC to do obedience and agility and that was a while ago.... I have to say, I'm offering it as an alternative but I'm NOT recommending them as I don't know enough about them. One of the trainers is APDT registered....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
oops forgot to post the link...
http://www.k92000.com/index.htm
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
That's were we are at, I don't like it at all. They want him to be jumping, granted small jumps, but he's 4 months and I'm not having it, I'm sorry, but no. That's why it's a bit urgent, I want to get out. I'm not risking his joints just because the class says so.

It's a bit wishy-washy if you get me, makes me thing they're in it for the money.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry I can't t3ell you what it is like now but I used to take my dobes to Southport Alsatian Training club, many years ago, Still have a little trophy for "The most improved dog". I would thinkj it would be worth while enquiring further about it. Kath
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
That's were we are at, I don't like it at all. They want him to be jumping, granted small jumps, but he's 4 months and I'm not having it, I'm sorry, but no. That's why it's a bit urgent, I want to get out. I'm not risking his joints just because the class says so.

It's a bit wishy-washy if you get me, makes me thing they're in it for the money.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
That's why I didn't say I recommended it, the vibes I've got from people have been average at best and not enthusiastic at all at worst..I don't know anyone who's hung around there.
I can promise Helen ain't like that!!!!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Dad said it's a bit far to travel! NO! I'm going to keep trying though, he might change his mind when he's in a better mood. He said the ringcraft is fine so I'm going to email them.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
http://www.fasttrackdogtraining.co.uk/
This is a dog class in south Liverpool. I know Duboing uses them and has been happy...so it may be worth trying. I know one of the trainers and she's just lovely....they don't do agility etc but they may be able to recommend someone....have you tried East Lans...they are near Southport????
Yes, I know Helen too - she's absolutely fabulous as a trainer and I'd very highly recommend her, worth travelling for. You and your dog will learn the right things and enjoy the experience

Wys
x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
My obedience class I go to is in a fied in Delamere forest, A very good trainer but too far for you.I travel from Warrington to go there.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Dad said it's a bit far to travel! NO! I'm going to keep trying though, he might change his mind when he's in a better mood. He said the ringcraft is fine so I'm going to email them.
AS Wys said (small world huh Wys?!!! ) it would be worth travelling for Helen's classes, why not email her anyway and explain your situation. Perhaps your dad would be willing to take you to one class and take it from there? See how it goes? Always worth a try....
I have to say I would be happy to travel for Helen's classes..
Why not PM DuBoing and ask her opinion on if it is worth the travelling as she is the one that really knows???
Good luck!
Ax
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha, I'd have no problem with travelling at all, but it's a complicated time thing, us leaving for the train has to be at the same time my mum comes in so she can take over looking after the brother. If it's too far then we'd have to set of earlier which would mean leaving my brother alone in the house, something my parents arn't happy about. However I'll speak to my dad about it and see if he knows a quick route, he's good at things like that.

If it were up to me, we'd have our names down by now!

Thanks for the help so far everyone, I really appreciate it.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >