Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 10:32 AM

Incredibly small brag..

After nearly a year in beginners agility (1 a week) I am very proud to announce that my boy did 3 runs off lead on Monday night!

Hes never been allowed to do it off lead before! We went equipped with car harness which has a strap bit to attach it for ease of grabbing!

He has done lines of jumps with lead still attached but last week he face planted after lead got caught in a pole

So i made a management decision and thought id try the harness with its short strap

Bless his furrybutt he got into a bit of a flap and kept launching himself at me instead of jumping at first as if to say 'you do realise you dont have hold of me dont you?? Mum mum youve let go!!! HELLOOOO!!!!'

A very small step but am incredibly proud
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Well done - sometimes I think you just have to trust them

Smile at him trying to let you know he was off lead.

Well done - keep it going
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey good news, no wonder you are so proud
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh congratulations!

I dream of the off-lead day but we have only just started so plenty of work to do. Any tips for a beginner?

Well done both of you.

J
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks!! Id just say as Rachael did, trust your dog. I trust my boy but the trainer has to becareful naturally (on an average night we can have 20 odd dogs in an indoor arena). Theres a few characters that go occasionally that if they were there I wouldnt let him off as there would be trouble!

His favourite girlfriend is in the next class after us and he actually switches off about 5mins before the end and gazes intently at the door until she arrives then thats it game over, no point trying to do anything! She bats those blond lab lashes at him and goes all gooey and he melts. Its the same at training on a saturday 'katie' arrives and i pack up and go home! she is a bad influence on all the boys the little minx!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Well done, Claire