Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:15 PM

KC good citizen awards

Minnie is currently attending the bronze class which starts at 9 on a Wednesday night. Shes doing really well and if she carries on i may continue to the silver. The only problem being is that the silver is on after the bronze at 1o. This is rather late in my opinion, as im knackered at this time of night. If it were on a friday night fair enough but when i have to be up the next morning it can be quite tiring. Does anyone else have this problem? Im wondering whether to try and find somewhere else that would maybe do day times or weekends but i think it would be a shame as we are settled in and the people are really nice. Dont know what to do!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I sort of have the same problem!

Max and I have been moved up a stage in our training, which is good, but this means I won't get home (after training) until about 10pm.

Max won't be able to eat until then, and I think it's a bit late really, but since there's not another training class I can get to, I'm a bit stuck.

It is quite late, isn't it! You could always see if anywhere else does it (just for info purposes) and maybe try the new time out and see if it suits you?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I would have thought that you wouldn't be the only one that's not happy with it this late - why not speak to the person organising it and see if there is no possibility of moving it to another night/time? (if you haven't already of course!)
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I sort of have the same problem!

Max and I have been moved up a stage in our training, which is good, but this means I won't get home (after training) until about 10pm.

Max won't be able to eat until then, and I think it's a bit late really, but since there's not another training class I can get to, I'm a bit stuck.

It is quite late, isn't it! You could always see if anywhere else does it (just for info purposes) and maybe try the new time out and see if it suits you?
Thats like me at the moment, i dont get in till 10 by then ive had it! I cant imagine stopping till 11. The gold class doesnt start till 11!!!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I would have thought that you wouldn't be the only one that's not happy with it this late - why not speak to the person organising it and see if there is no possibility of moving it to another night/time? (if you haven't already of course!)
There are people that go for the 10 o'clock one so they must be happy about it. I didnt really want to suggest that they move it to another time as i presume they have other commitments and it seems a bit rude for me to ask if they could change it when there are already people going at 10.

I think i may have to look elsewhere
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 06:17 PM
11 for the Gold class! That is late!

Maybe just mention of hand that your afraid you miht have to find another training club because you have to be up in the morning and you're afaid you'll be home too late. They might take the hint?

edit - Also, you'd think some of the dogs might be tired by then? I know mine flop out at about 10-10.30 pm.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Goodness I saw 10 o'clock and thought that's late enough but 11pm!!!! No way!

I'm guessing that you can't find another class nearby that has a more sociable time.

My class (ages ago now mind you) was at 8pm, then 9pm for the Bronze and those people went on to do the Silver class which was then at 9pm - she basically rotated her Bronze and Silver classes with demand - if that makes sense.

I can't see me or my dogs wanting to be training at 10pm and even on a Friday!!!

Feel for you I really do.
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2007, 06:57 PM
You could always go in your pyjamas!! Seems really late though

Woody
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Im glad you all think the same as me, i thought it was just me!

Im tired now and its only 8 lol. Got another hr to go yet! I may turn up in my Pjs-good idea! They havent been there very long (about 5 months) so maybe they will get the hint if not many turn up at 11.

Will have to look into another training class elsewhere i think if we do decide to carry on, although there dont seem to be many around these days.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I would just tell them that you would love to do the silver and be able to do it at their club but would not be able to due to the lateness of the class.

Tell them you are really disappointed that you can't make it that late at night and ask if there are any alternatives.

I am sure you won't be the only one who couldn't make that time so if you let them know the reason why they might be able to change class times accordingly
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Ive found out tonight that they can only use the community centre at these times as it is fully booked all other days. Its such a shame as they are lovely people, they give all the money they make away to dog charities and really know what they are doing. I would have loved to have stopped on but looks like im going to have to find somewhere else.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >