Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Small World

I was at work today when a customer arrived, as I had seen her car pull up onto the front I knew it was a "doggy person" as she had loads of the pedigree stickers on the back of her car, (you know, they type you get for places at a champ show).

When she walked into the showroom I instantly recognised her, she is a championship show judge of Irish Red & White Setters, she has them and Irish Setters. She had a look at the range of doors we had in stock and asked lots of questions, I gave her a bundle of brochures to help her decide and all the time she was chatting I wondered whether to mention anything to her about dogs.

I didn't need to, suddenly she said to me, don't I know you? erm, I don't know I said, sort of chuffed but hoping it was for the right reasons. Haven't you got English and Irish Setters and the most beautiful pointer? she asked. Well yes, it must be me you're talking about, I said. We got to talking, I told her that I hadn't been to a show in ages but that I'd booked Bradley and Tawny in for Leicester gundog in two weeks time. It transpires that she runs a ringcraft club about 20 miles away but she asked me to come along next Tuesday as it's match night so good practice, and she'll give me her honest opinion on Bradley, (she does judge English Setters too at open level). Mind you, it will be just her opinion, I've been in the breed long enough to know what fills my eye so it won't make any difference in the long run, its just lovely to get back into the swing of things again and nice to be invited by someone "in the know", as it were.

So, poor little boy has got a full diary next week, I'm not going to tell him yet cos he won't be best pleased. Tawny, on the other hand, will enjoy showing herself off and parading around in front of lots of people, cos she's a princess you know!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 05:25 PM
That's great, hope you have a good time, and remember you always take the best dog home with you!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
That's great, hope you have a good time, and remember you always take the best dog home with you!
Becky

Thanks Becky I know that Bradley needs to tighten on the move, he was running like a puppy the other day, but it will come in time.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 08:47 PM
How fab! Just tell Braderlee it's "Singcraft"
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How fab! Just tell Braderlee it's "Singcraft"