Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 02:26 PM

When can I start leaving him loose?

my dogs normally sleep with me at night time, but after asbo kept weeing on my bed, and weeing on the floor when we stayed at the OHs i started crating him again at night because he wont wee in his crate.

my question is when can i start having him loose again do you think? he looks at me from his crate, and looks because daph is on the bed, and it makes me feel guilty

is just a case of trial and error, or should i leave it a certain ammount of time before i try again?

hes nearly 6 months old now.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I think it's a case of try and see
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
I think it's a case of try and see
ooh i hope he doesnt wee on my bed again, ive just bought a new duvet
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Fingers crossed! Could you not get them to sleep in a dog bed on the floor? At least then if he wees it's only on the floor,failing that get a waterproof sheet
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
If he's dry and comfortable in his crate I would leave him to be honest. We took Lib upstairs as a treat and she hated she weed on the floor on the bed on the landing seems to be much happier maybe she feels safer not sure.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Fingers crossed! Could you not get them to sleep in a dog bed on the floor? At least then if he wees it's only on the floor,failing that get a waterproof sheet
i tried the floor thing, they do have a bed on the floor and if it gets too hot then they move on the floor. but asbo still wees on the bed, if we are at my OHs he will wee on the floor for some reason... i dont know why he does it...
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
my dogs normally sleep with me at night time, but after asbo kept weeing on my bed, and weeing on the floor when we stayed at the OHs i started crating him again at night because he wont wee in his crate.

my question is when can i start having him loose again do you think? he looks at me from his crate, and looks because daph is on the bed, and it makes me feel guilty

is just a case of trial and error, or should i leave it a certain ammount of time before i try again?

hes nearly 6 months old now.
To be perfectly honest if this were me then I would stop Daphni going on the bed if it is making you feel guilty

I would leave Asbo in his crate until you are 100% sure he will be clean.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
To be perfectly honest if this were me then I would stop Daphni going on the bed if it is making you feel guilty

I would leave Asbo in his crate until you are 100% sure he will be clean.
ooh dont think queen daph would like that idea she does have a bed on the floor which she goes in, and every now and again she pops up onto the bed. shes slept in the bed since 8 weeks old, no problems couldnt degrade her to the floor, id never hear the end of it
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ooh dont think queen daph would like that idea she does have a bed on the floor which she goes in, and every now and again she pops up onto the bed. shes slept in the bed since 8 weeks old, no problems couldnt degrade her to the floor, id never hear the end of it
Yes I can imagine she would be most upset! Poor Ozzy has been downgraded to a bed next to Ludi's crate until Ludi is house trained, I am a wicked Mummy
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Yes I can imagine she would be most upset! Poor Ozzy has been downgraded to a bed next to Ludi's crate until Ludi is house trained, I am a wicked Mummy
OOOOH you mean mean Mummy