View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 04:35 PM
All the dogs that are being siezed does not make all this right, it's not going to bring that poor little girl back, enforcing this farce isnt either!!!
What about all the poor crosses and pedigree staffies that fit into this 'type'? Owned and loved by people who treat their dogs like babies, much loved members of peoples families
Just seems to me owners of whatever type of dog that is deemed as 'type' are being persecuted into handing over their much loved friends, many handing their dogs in through fear..... etc Owning a dog that is deemed as type may be a crime, but loving them and fighting for them aint.
Iceman
New Member!
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Can I just ask everyone what they are doing now the amnesty is over ?? I live in merseyside an I havent got a clue what to do or what to expect
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I think that now the amnesty is over,if they are going to come for your dog they will turn up.But hopefully you have nothing to fear.It seems that you have to have had your dog reported by somebody and then they will come knocking,if you haven't had your dog reported then be vigilant but as i say hopefully you will be ok.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 06:51 PM
It states in the article:-

we will be targeting people who are involved in dog fighting and breeding illegal dogs, people who are using banned dogs in criminal activities, and who are not keeping banned dogs under proper control.

IF that was the case I don't have a problem with it, if they target only those people I totally agree with their dogs being confiscated. If it is people fighting them, not keeping them under proper control using them in criminal activities etc, then yes please do take them off the streets.

It is only when they start to finger-point at family pets, non-dangerous dogs that are being victimized just for being of bulldog type/Rottweiler etc etc that it all starts to spiral out of control.

People who own much loved family pets should NOT feel they have to hand them over to be euthanized just for being a certain breed-type that has been wrongly accused, that is the danger I feel
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

14-02-2007, 07:09 PM
That is scandalous. Dogs don't ask to be put into a fight - it is the humans who train them for that for money! I say round up the humans. I haven't heard of this so-called amnesty up here is Scotland. However, what goes on today down South, usually reaches Scotland at some point, or other.

Shame on those responsible for bringing out such a law. Surely there are other avenues that could be looked at.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3