Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Police warn dog owners

This is disgusting,more bullying and intimidation from the Police.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/l...name_page.html
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-02-2007, 02:21 PM
371 calls is obviously not enough for them. 71 poor dogs have been siezed, and 81 have contacted the police when their dog is not even an illegal breed.

How many of the 71 dogs siezed do you think have come from thugs, who have bred their dog for the sole purpose of fighting, where the dog is mistreated, living a horrible existence and as such is unpredictable to the extent that humane destruction is the only option? I'd be surprised if it was 1.

How many of those siezed do you think were family pets, bought without the owner being aware of their illegal status, despite which they are a valued, looked after and no harm to the public? I'd guess, a large percentage.

Even worse, how many do you think are not even an illegal breed, an irish staff, an american bulldog, a tall staff? Reported to the police for their "experts" to determine whether it is of pitbull "type", again I'd guess a large number fall under this bracket.

Eventual outcome: families torn apart, innocent dogs destroyed on the basis of how they look, unlawful undesirable hooligan thugs with genuinely dangerous dogs, driven further from the law = RESULT, for the Mersyside Police and the Liverpool Echo. What an achievement.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:31 PM
If they already know who is involved in dog fighting etc why aren't they picking them up and arresting them? I think they expected it to go better than it has. It's going to cost them an awful lot of money to take dogs off the streets, actually make that cost US the tax payer.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If they already know who is involved in dog fighting etc why aren't they picking them up and arresting them? I think they expected it to go better than it has. It's going to cost them an awful lot of money to take dogs off the streets, actually make that cost US the tax payer.
Becky
71 dogs taken away........I think they will actually say that it's beena resounding success....
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes they probably will Alisa,but what they won't tell you is people have been ringing because they are law abiding folks,then having there door smashed in because they may have a dog that is Type.
I find the whole attitude and behaviour of the Police disgusting,one way to alienate good law abiding people.

I'll tell you if they ever were to come here they would need more than a riot van to take my dogs...over my dead body
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I'd rather risk the fine and prison sentence...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I'd rather risk the fine and prison sentence...
Yes me too,i stand to be corrected but i don't think anybody has ever been fined or sent to prison for owning illegal dogs or dogs to be of type.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
i think its disgusting and intimadation of the worst sort why dnt they channel there energy into finding the ppl responsible (the owners who are using there dogs in the illegal manner ) instead of putting the blame on innocent family pets and there owners oh i cud bloody stangle the ****ers myself those poor dogs and there families dont deserve this bullying or heart ache it so frustrating how these simple minded bloody fools are using there power of authority against innocent ppl and there animals and being allowed to get away with this ridiculous so called amnesty
personally i call it slaughter and murder of innocent dogs
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Thats dispicable!

Many of these people will of bought thier dog believing it to be a safe breed, threatening them with such ads are wrong.

the police wonder why people have little faith in them and with such threats I am not suprised.

There are better ways to warn people about the dangers of banned dogs than this.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Reported to the police for their "experts" to determine whether it is of pitbull "type",
Back in the seventies, my Mum and Dad reported a stray dog to the Boys in the ill-fitting blue suits - not because it was a problem, but because they thought (incorrectly, as it turned out ) the owner might want it back. The copper who turned up had no idea what breed the dog was, so don't trust the police to recognise a Cocker Spaniel!

Incidentally, we kept her till old age took her, 11 years later.

Snorri
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >