View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 12:03 PM

DIY hospital appointment ( this is great )

well this is fab i went to my GP this morning still not much better with the wrist pain so next step is to refer me to an orthapedic surgeon so GP fill out on my notes what she wants me seen for etc... hands me a printed sheet and says ring the number at the bottom OK
I say so i do just that i have to give a reference number and a password thats printed on the sheet and lady on the phone asks me which hospital i prefer as i live near 2 she has all access to my notes and gives me an appointment for feb 25th and i chose the time ....wow how great is this it speeds a very old slow process up

gotta be good
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2008, 12:09 PM
When I got told I need an unltrasound the dr sent off my notes, I got a letter seeing if I wanted a quick or convenient appointment(diff hospitals) I rang the convenient number and was asked what date suited and was given that. I admit it was a lot easier than sitting about waiting for an appointment to come through and they hoping that you can make.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 12:22 PM
i hope they implement that everywhere!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i hope they implement that everywhere!
Yer i hope they do i cant stand all that waiting about at hospitals
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I had the choice of hospital last year when I needed to be seen. Wasn't able to choose the time though.
I have to take Mum to have her ears looked at and was given the choice of 3 hospitals so chose the one here in my Town and then rang for an appt.
I think its a good idea.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 01:13 PM
our normal way here is referal where GP writes off then they contact you weeks later app months later i reckon this system could really help people on long waiting lists
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 01:45 PM
They implemented that system around here over a year ago.
Seems to work half of the time - apart from when they ignore you, and send you to the hospital you didn't want, and on a day you can't attend!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
They implemented that system around here over a year ago.
Seems to work half of the time - apart from when they ignore you, and send you to the hospital you didn't want, and on a day you can't attend!
Hopefully shouldn't happen if you are choosing the venue and time yourself on the phone.
We have had the system in this area for quiet a long time.
It should save the hospitals money from all the missed appointments. If people make their appointments to suit themselves then they are more likely to keep them.
Bingo, everyone is happy
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hopefully shouldn't happen if you are choosing the venue and time yourself on the phone.
We have had the system in this area for quiet a long time.
It should save the hospitals money from all the missed appointments. If people make their appointments to suit themselves then they are more likely to keep them.
Bingo, everyone is happy
Believe me, it happens!

I worked at the hospital at the time, in medical records!
I phoned for my appointment, told them which hosp, and they told me a date, which I couldn't attend. Decided on another date and time, great!
Got a confirmation letter - the original date, at the wrong hospital!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't even get me started on how I feel about hospital appointments systems at the mo.

Now Charlie had his op, and is doing great, but needs a 6 to 8 week check up.

His 2nd op was on 10th December.

I get a letter to attend a hospital I've never heard of, with no address or telephone number. It's for Feb 15th.

So I ring Stanmore (which took me a while believe me).

They gave me the other hospitals number and I ring them to explain I've said from word go I cannot get to that hospital. I cannot make that date and his consultant doesn't do appts there after Feb anyway, so I have to ring Stanmore again.

Which I do, and finally get an appointment for 1st April.

17 weeks after his op!

The whole process of actually getting through on the telehone to the various systems has also taken since 3rd Jan.

I can feel a letter coming on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >