Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Must have been a small litter If she didnt make a profit at £400 per pup.. Mums had some of her KC registered, health tested pups from good show lines Yada Yada go for less than that..

Anyway at least she health tested. not that I agree with breeding for enjoyment let It be crosses or pure bred.
But there are also Mexican Hairless breeders charging over £1200 and I don't see a

"all Mexican Hairless breeders are puppy farmers and duping people into thinking they are getting a hairless dog when they're not and they're only in it for the money"

..... thread
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Do NOT get personal in posts.

Concentrate on what's been said not who said it. If you think an opinion is vile, fine - but don't go round calling people names or attacking them personally.
But they can attack my choice of dog very badly moderated.
How would you like it if it was your choice of dog.
Let me tell you something Blu along with all her chums have bullied us so called Designer Dog owners off most forums.
Now is that fair !
Its like dog racism
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I think you'll find it's actually you lot that wants a reaction hence why alot of certain dogs owners have a habit of getting banned of forums!

I know all about my breed thanks very much. You will find poodles are far from common aswell. Atleast well bred, health tested ones
Some people leave out of choice - some other people get banned too remember . Actually there is only a minority on untested doodles and that too applies for every breed. It is up to the purchaser to go to a decent breeder then the bad ones will close down if they cannot sell their pups.
Originally Posted by boredinstroud View Post
Some thoughts on crossbreeds, mongrels, designer breeds...whatever you like to call them

'You don't know what you're getting'
There is truth to this and anyone getting a cross should consider the breed characteristics of the parents. However, everyone knows that dogs do vary, within breeds (in terms of looks, character etc.) How many dogs are 'disappointments' to their owners because they have chosen a GSD that doesn't guard, a collie that chases sheep etc? However, many (most?) crosses are going to pet homes anyway where the owners will take the dog as they find it.
Load of cr*p - you see both parents and know from previous litters if you do your research - we crossbreed owners are not all stupid you know...
It's interesting that as dog owners we are fast to say 'it's the owner, not the breed' when a dog attacks and dogs of all breeds (and none!) can be trained to the basic standards which mean the dog is a pleasure to be around. Obviously if your dog is a working dog and very particular traits are required, it is a different matter and I can see that a specific breed would make more sense (although why not crosses of similar breeds?). Most owners though, I think are basically pet owners.
Perhaps some people like the idea of a "lucky dip" dog

'People pay silly money for something that isn't even a breed!'
Down to choice - some people spend a fortune on Italian Spinones, Briards, White Boxers, certain Poodles, Rotties, CCs, and many other breeds...
Well, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and on a basic level, something, including a mutt, is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. How many of us would rather go hungry ourselves than to give our dogs away? People rescue dogs and still pay thousands in vet care because the dog is worth it to them. I would pay not to have one of those chinese crested dogs that devildogz breeds but I can equally understand that for her they are the cutest dogs in the world. How much is a spinone in a dog pound worth?

Also, these dogs don't cost £1000s in many cases, ours certainly didn't, and yes, we knew we were getting a Heinz! If people are misled to buy something that isn't what they think, it is a different matter - and I am against big commercialization of breeding - but let's face it, this is by no means limited to those selling cross breeds.
We didn't pay anything like that amount for our doodles and if we did, so what. Do we care what you pay for your choice? No! because we have more respect and good manners not to ask.

'Cross-breeders don't care about the health of the dogs'

Well in some cases this is clearly true but coming from KC affectionados is a real case of pot & kettle. Unfortunately unscrupulous breeders are found everywhere and the health problems of popular breeds including GSD, dalmatian, bull-dog etc. are very well known amongst the general public. There are a number of breeders at all levels who need to clean up their act.

'Designer dogs are faddy and just bred for looks'Load of cr*p again - we didn't get ours for their looks and most people don't - yet people choose say Parti Poodles for the fact they are different from block coloured ones because they certainly do not have any other differences.Breeds of dog also go in fads and many are basically now bred for looks. Even working types have changed to reflect the very specific standards of KC and IMO this is what has caused horrendous in-breeding and health problems amongst well-known breeds. Again this is a case of blame the owner/breeders, not the breed - should we all pick on the Staffie breed just because it is in vogue as chavvy status dog? To use the chinese crested as another example, this is clearly a breed 'designed' by human intervention (as are all dogs). They have an appeal to people and that's why they are still around - if not they would have died out as a breed (like 100s of breeds through the centuries).

'I would not personally have a cross-breed/mongrel'

Haha - that's hilarious, do you own a wolf then? Sorry to tell you that poodles were not on the ark with Noah
No there were NO pedigree or named dogs in the Ark only mongrel/wolf types
Just out of interest do the guys on here that get so upset about crossbreeding have strong views on mixed relationships amongst humans? Or is it only dogs where incest isn't much of a taboo as long as purity of breed (race) is maintained?
I get upset with people having no respect and making ridiculuos assumptions that apply to all dogs/breeds/types but the pedigree people think their superior and crossbreeds are scum.. They insult our choices, make these assumptions with no prior knowledge and then when we retaliate we are in the wrong fot defending our choice and our innocent dogs
Originally Posted by katia View Post
My major gripe is that the general public is having the wool pulled over their eyes. They pay vast sums not just because it may or may not be non allergenic, but because 'a cross breed is, of course, healthier' My dog walking friend met a man with a lovely Labradoodle who informed her that this is a breed which is on the point of becoming recognised by the KC & he will be able to show her What kind of breeder is that? I seriously resent the 'vogue' not the cross breeds, not the buyers but the money being asked, the prices which people are paying, far more than you would pay for any pure bred complete with all health checks.
Katia
Most people do research and do not have the wool pulled over their eyes - not like those who have bought Labradoodles and then found out the breeders sold them Standard Poodles as doodles to make more money - THAT is disgusting!
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Thats Just very sad.....any over population of breeding is going to end up with overflowing rescue centers. The LAST thing anyone want is that for their chose breed or type
Do you say that about the fact that Labradors and Retrievers are the most common dogs in the uk with nearly 50000 of them?????
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Do you say that about the fact that Labradors and Retrievers are the most common dogs in the uk with nearly 50000 of them?????
Yes I would (if that was what we were talking about)...and more so about SBTs....

I once had someone say the worst thing that could happen to a breed was for it to win Crufts.....lets add using it in a cute film and giving it a funny name..or even looking like a wolf and you have a load of people jumping on a bandwagon and dogs ending up in rescues as they are sold to people without doing proper background checks on Why the person is wanting them....or they cannot cope as the dog does not turn out as it is marketed.

We recently had to rehome a NI due to the fact the owner had read that they had a good recall....as i said earlier, I have 2 lab poodle x's in my puppy class at the moment who are owned by people with dog allergies.....I offended one woman as I thought it was a Labrador....not an pounce of poodle in sight!
Now you tell me...what happens when that dog grows up and starts to moult.....
More dogs in rescue.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes...and most Certainly about SBTs....

I once had someone say the worst thing that could happen to a breed was for it to win Crufts.....lets add using it in a cute film and giving it a funny name..or even looking like a wolf and you have a load of people jumping on a bandwagon and dogs ending up in rescues as they are sold to people without doing proper background checks on Why the person is wanting them....or they cannot cope as the dog does not turn out as it is marketed.

We recently had to rehome a NI due to the fact the owner had read that they had a good recall....as i said earlier, I have 2 lab poodle x's in my puppy class at the moment who are owned by people with dog allergies.....I offended one woman as I thought it was a Labrador....not an pounce of poodle in sight!
Now you tell me...what happens when that dog grows up and starts to moult.....
More dogs in rescue.
But what you are saying applies to every dog.... why simply target a particular cross?
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
Let me tell you something Blu along with all her chums have bullied us so called Designer Dog owners off most forums.
Now is that fair !
Its like dog racism
So I don't like 'designer dogs', GSD's, staffies, bull terriers, boxers, leonbergers and so on. I don't see people with the other breeds calling me a bully because I don't like their choice of dog. You give as good as you get so don't go calling out your the victim because people don't like your choice!

People ask opinons on other forums, they get them. Don't ask if you can't handle the responses!! Also I notice most these 'doodle' owners only popup on forums when someone slates this kind of dog
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
But what you are saying applies to every dog.... why simply target a particular cross?
Because that is what the thread is about ....I would be saying the same about any designer dog....I think I mentioned others in my reply as well....the experiences I had are from last week and sadly - it is an all to common occurrence!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
But there are also Mexican Hairless breeders charging over £1200 and I don't see a

"all Mexican Hairless breeders are puppy farmers and duping people into thinking they are getting a hairless dog when they're not and they're only in it for the money"

..... thread
I know nothing about Mexican hairless dogs. So dont see why you picked them nor what your trying to say!!!!!
Plus I didnt comment on how much was asked for the cross, I picked up on the poster daying NO profit was made! I have NO problem what so ever with a decent breeder making 70p to £700 from a litter AS long as money was not the reason for the litter and ALL things were done ethically..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
Now is that fair !
Its like dog racism
You do this on EVERY forum!! Im on this forum, and one other WHICH your not ..

Dog racism? Have you heard yourself! All anyone has to do Is search your other forum name and they get a whole lot of post from you debating the doodles on a whole lot of forums.. which might I add Blu and her chums arent on

Azz dont take It personally every forum that allows people to talk about crosses Is badly moderated! .... These members have even gone so far that talking about crosses had been banned on certain forums!!!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I wont just pop up on topics of slating poodle crosses, I post on something I have some experience or knowledge of that I feel I can give someone else a different perspective of. I also don't own one just dont feel the "hate" for poodle crosses can be justified all the time. They get a lot a lot of slating and it seems primarily from pedigree owners. Its the poor breeders which should be getting slated not a specific type of dog. Because its down to them the problems everyone is refering to. There is nothing wrong with the crossbreeds. They are lovely dogs. No specific type of dog should be stopped its the poor breeders that need to be whittled out.
Page 12 of 53 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »