Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Feeling low, can the dog tell???

I've been feeling a bit low recently and I think Jin has picked up on the vibes.... its been really hard teaching her new things as she seems unsure and will sometimes just lay on her back. Whats going on? Is it because Im a bit moody at the moment, or a mere coincidence?? What should I do about it? Just drop the training for a bit until I'm a bit more positive myself or stick at it? Im so confused
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
I've been feeling a bit low recently and I think Jin has picked up on the vibes.... its been really hard teaching her new things as she seems unsure and will sometimes just lay on her back. Whats going on? Is it because Im a bit moody at the moment, or a mere coincidence?? What should I do about it? Just drop the training for a bit until I'm a bit more positive myself or stick at it? Im so confused
Poor you. If the training is not fun for you, it wont be for Jin.
Just spend time relaxing, together! When you feel better, she will see, and it will all be fine. Your abilities change, as your moods do. Good luck--stay cool.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 06:57 AM
When you're feeling low, you can't help but emit negative vibes, and dogs will pick up on them. Even your voice will change, so instead of your usual happy voice/positive voice when teaching commands, the dog is getting confused, hence the lying on her back "ok, I give in, I submit, I don't understand what you want here" kind of thing.

It'll all come right again when YOU do, so as Jeagi has said there, leave it alone until you're back to normal is my advice.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, that makes sense. I just wasn't sure whether I'd be teaching her a bad thing by just walking away type thing. Think I'll give her and I a weekend off and just play some games instead xx
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Thanks guys, that makes sense. I just wasn't sure whether I'd be teaching her a bad thing by just walking away type thing. Think I'll give her and I a weekend off and just play some games instead xx
well done. Enjoy (both)
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I hope that you are okay, and that the blue mood is just a temporary thing.

I agree with the others, give the training a total miss until you are feeling better.........Jinty won't suffer for it, and the break will be good for both of you.

Look after yourself
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Hope you don't feel down for too long xxx

I agree with Jeagi and Helena54, Jin will definitely pick up on your mood. Give training a break for a while and just have some fun together.

Hope your mood picks up soon.
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Yep, take to your settee or bed with your four legged friend and have lots of cuddles instead.....the best type of therapy anyone can get when they're feeling down. Hope you're feeling more positive since you posted.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone! Had a breather and made a video instead!. This evening, we did something totally new (but will help with a trick I'm teaching her) and kept it light, short, simple and fun. Now I just have to super glue the sods butt down! Hahaha <3 Feeling way better. Shame its back to work tomorrow!!! Thanks for the comments
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear your feeling better.

I know it's a bit late to reply but I agree with what the others have said about taking a time out.

For what it's worth I actually think dogs focus on us 24/7 and due to our busy lives, are far better at picking up our vibes than we are of theirs. It's a relationaship and it works both ways.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >