Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Ram is the memory in your pc

Im not sure about getting ntl broadband if you have a bt phoneline hopefully someone will know if you can
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Holy cow 4MB must be hellish. We're only on 1.1 and I thank my lucky stars!
It's great, I have lots of pictures sent to me via e-mail and even BIG pictures and videos come through really fast!

Only trouble is sometimes I forget that other people don't have this sort of connection and end up sending something that takes them AGES to pick up.....lol.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Okay got the gist I will look into it seriously. Can you get NTL if you have BT?

And what is Ram please.
NTL is cable tv/phone/internet,so if you go to their site www.ntlworld.com there is a bit where you enter your postcode and it will tell you if cable is available in your area.I use them for tv/phone/internet and have no complaints!

As for ram,the more you have-means faster page loading/quicker going from program to program,but checkout my post on here and you will see im a thicko with PC's...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:01 PM
You can't be that much of a thicko Steve you at least knew RAM exsisted - thats a whole world away from me who thought Ram was a male sheep
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks again Steve but it seems in my area I an only get freedom from NTL 512 something and BT can give me 2mb which is almost 4 times faster I believe. Karen
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Nooooo,until last week-i was gonna try and shoehorn a sheep into the disc drive and was only enlightened when peeps here told me what it does!

If you dont know how much ram you have-click 'start' then click 'programs' and then click on 'system information'.Once it does its thang-it'll tell you what your PC has.

Mine has a lowly 64k (until i change it),but most desktops apprently have 256k which is miles more than me!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-07-2005, 10:13 PM
You'll wonder how you managed without it Kazz!!

Go for it, and if you just want to try it, virgin.net offer a broadband package without any tie-ins
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
It's great, I have lots of pictures sent to me via e-mail and even BIG pictures and videos come through really fast!

Only trouble is sometimes I forget that other people don't have this sort of connection and end up sending something that takes them AGES to pick up.....lol.
Yeah I do that too! Very norty!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Nooooo,until last week-i was gonna try and shoehorn a sheep into the disc drive and was only enlightened when peeps here told me what it does!

If you dont know how much ram you have-click 'start' then click 'programs' and then click on 'system information'.Once it does its thang-it'll tell you what your PC has.

Mine has a lowly 64k (until i change it),but most desktops apprently have 256k which is miles more than me!
I bow to your superior knowledge and say Thank you Steve computer wizard ....now how do you find start
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Okay is it where it says total physical memory? If so it says 256.50mb
And what does available physical memory mean? is that what I have available because I only have 37.50mb left to use - mind you until tonight I did not know What I had anyhow so it might of been that for ever

And can I add to the memory if I already have 256mb??

in other words HELP
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >