View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 10:20 PM
I use an Olympus 3.2 mega pixel but have to say I'm an SLR girl at heart.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Ours is getting old now (like it's owner ) We have a Sony Cyber Shot 4.0 mega pixels
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
I use an Olympus 3.2 mega pixel but have to say I'm an SLR girl at heart.
Thanks folks was always wondering if some of the better pictures where the massive mega pixel ones but looks like thats not the case and I would be OK getting a camera around the 4 million range. Time to hang up the old Nikon F50 ... maybe a digital SLR would fit the bill :smt023
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:21 AM
i work in a photolab, & would recommend aT least a 4million MP if you want to get a decent blow up.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 10:23 AM
My digital camera is a Kodak DX6490, 4.3 million pixels. The best thing about it is the 10x optical Zoom which means when I take pics of the dogs out in the fields they aren't just dots in the distance. The zoom means its not as compact as some of the digitals, but i am really impressed with it. It also has settings on it for taking action pics which again is great for taking pics of the dogs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I use a Kodak DX4530 which has 5 million pixels, but I have heard that once you get above 3 million it really makes no difference?
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Het
My digital camera is a Kodak DX6490, 4.3 million pixels. The best thing about it is the 10x optical Zoom which means when I take pics of the dogs out in the fields they aren't just dots in the distance. The zoom means its not as compact as some of the digitals, but i am really impressed with it. It also has settings on it for taking action pics which again is great for taking pics of the dogs.
we have a 6490 for sale in the shop,ive used it & it is fab! the zoom is lovely. its abit slow thats all compared with a slr,but im sure youd soon get used to it
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I use a Kodak DX4530 which has 5 million pixels, but I have heard that once you get above 3 million it really makes no difference?

hmmmm,it depends on what you want to do! if you just want smallish pics & to put on the net,it probaley dosent matter,but if you want decent size pics,id get as many pixels as you can afford. a nice lens helps too for sharpness
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by michelled
...a nice lens helps too for sharpness
Maybe thats the difference between some of the pics, not the pixel count but the quality of the lens. Used friends Minolta A2 5MP which was fine, but was not that impressed overall image wise. Cannot justify cost of a SLR so probably the Panasonic FZ20 just for the brilliant lens.
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2005, 12:22 PM
the kodak 6940 which has been mentioned has a schieder <sp?> lens,if you have seen the pic of flynn which is the same as my avatar,the pic of shop dog, & the ones from last week,flynn & his brothers,they were all taken on the K6940. ive got the avatar pic blown up to super A1 (we have a huge printer) & there is no loss of quality

edit- 6490!!! doopy mare!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >