Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Huge Spring Clean

I finally plucked up the courage to sort out and lose some of the things I have collected over the years and it was a bigger job than I first thought. I started at 10am and finally gave up at 4pm and had still only managed three quaters of my room, will finish the rest tomorrow before starting the other rooms.

I got rid of years worth of FHM magazines, old pc games, old clothes and numerous other crap. I have given my old gamecube and games to my niece as she loves playing it when down, so that cheered her up. I have a load of pc games that my brother is eyeing up and my nextdoor neighbour ended up with a couple of utd books.

While clearing I found a load of old pc parts that I never got round getting rid of, a load of old collage notes from 10yrs ago aswell as a pile of old programes from sporting events in and around manchester over the last 15 years or so. I still have bit more to wade through so god knows what I will unearth. The best so far was 2 brand new sets of dart filghts so that saves me a few quid.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
i love a big old declutter - makes lots of room for new stuff
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Amazing what stuff we keep, isn't it?
I always thought I was reasonably minimalist until I started clearing out!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:29 PM
clutter bug ....................
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
i love a big old declutter - makes lots of room for new stuff
To right, I intend on getting a lot more junk.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Amazing what stuff we keep, isn't it?
I always thought I was reasonably minimalist until I started clearing out!
I always knew I kept crap, that is what put me off cleaning, however the collage stuff brought back memorys

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
clutter bug ....................
Yes, and proud of it.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Every time I have a big clear out, I always find a week later I have a need for something I have just got rid of.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I seem to do this once a month with my lot
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Good on you, I always set out to do it and then open a box and find things that bring back memories so I keep them. I should just chuck the box away without looking but I worry then what might be in there!

I've still got loads of college stuff, no idea why I've kept it, I think maybe 'cause I spent so much time doing it that is seems wrong just to chuck it. I'll leave it in the loft until next time I move and in all probability it will end up in my next loft as well!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Good on you, I always set out to do it and then open a box and find things that bring back memories so I keep them. I should just chuck the box away without looking but I worry then what might be in there!

I've still got loads of college stuff, no idea why I've kept it, I think maybe 'cause I spent so much time doing it that is seems wrong just to chuck it. I'll leave it in the loft until next time I move and in all probability it will end up in my next loft as well!
I kept mine, couldnt get rid, like you I dont know why.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
aswell as a pile of old programes from sporting events in and around manchester over the last 15 years or so.
I seem to recall reading that those things can be worth a few bob, of course you might have to keep them for another 15 years
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >