Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Kennel Visiting Question

My baby girl Blue has had to go into kennels today - she came into season and due to my circumstances at the moment (staying with my dad and living with an entire dog ) I couldn't keep her here as its not my house

But they've said I can see her between 10-3 everyday - I really want to obviously, but will it make it worse for her if mummy keeps coming and then leaving her again? But the thought of her being in there for 3 weeks without seeing me and without me playing with her etc is horrendous I can't tell you how awful that makes me feel, but I want to do what will make Blue happiest.

Any advice?
Thanks x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I would visit, I can't see that it would upset her too much, over the course of the 3 weeks she will adjust to your coming and going. When dogs go into quarantine the owners visit as often as they can, it would be unthinkable not to for 6 months wouldn't it.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks trouble xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Visiting dogs in kennels can have a very upsetting effect on them. They do not realise why you come and go, my advise would be to leave her there and just return to pick her up. We used to let friends or family of boarding dogs visit them, but we found it had a lasting and negative effect on a lot of them.
Dawn.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok, thanks Dawn, breaks my heart but if you think its best. What about if I was consistent with the visits? I planned on going everyday at the same time? Would she get used to the routine?
xx
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-03-2007, 10:00 PM
i agree with border dawn.i kenelled my dog years back for same reason and decided to go visit her as i felt bad and wanted her to see me so she knew we hadny abandoned her,when she saw us she was so excited but the look on her face and her whining and crying when we had to leave her again still haunts me and needless 2 say we never ever did it again it was far 2 upsetting for us all
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Ok, I feel so lonely
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:05 PM
It must be so hard for you, especially at the moment but 3 weeks will soon pass and then she will be with you again.Wishing you all the strength you need right now.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks Fudgeley, everyone must think I'm such a wuss, it never rains but it pours!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 11:27 PM
dont worry hun the time will fly by, she will be ok xxxxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >