register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 84 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 > Last »
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Actually i have been bullied badley at around 15 or so, so yes i do know how it feels. As for you calling me a bully, well have have reported your post as that is against Forum rules i think as a personal attack on me!

If you wpould like to find a bullying post on here of mine, please feel free to do the same!

Many thanks

You think you've been personally attacked!!!!!!

That takes the cake

Look at the abuse myself and other "pros" have "suffered" being accused by members of being violent/abusive to our dogs and all sorts, simply because we follow some of CM's methods. Those people are still posting on here and still making the same sick comments to CM'ers!!!!!!!!

Actually, I wasn't personally saying YOU were a bully. I was referring to you basically saying it was okay to upset "pros" (I was talking about tinkladyv who has clearly been upset by some of the comments on here recently and Gnasher, who is being ridiculed by a couple of members) because Trouble could take it.

Anyhow, your reaction is no more or less than what I'd expect

Feel free to report this post if you feel I'm further personally attacking you

Many thanks
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My dog does.It isn't down to my training however...he just isn't interested...indeed he actually runs from them.

Criticising your training is not a bit rich. You are setting yourself up for it by telling everyone how well trained your dog is, that he will leave a bitch in heat alone when you tell him to. You cited a few instances where actually you have to repeatedly tell him off for mounting bitches. I would say then that your training isn't perhaps,as good as you think it is.

No Ramble, you are wrong in that I don't give myself the credit for my dog's training, I give Cesar the credit.

Assuming your dog is entire, I would be very concerned if a male entire dog of mine didn't show a healthy interest in a bitch in season.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You have a wolf?
You go cycling with a wolf?
Delusional, much!
O God !! Much like Mishflynn, I give up here !!

I WAS JOKING ! Hal was a wolf cross, Tai is not, at least such a long way's back not to count.

It was a joke ... which fell flat apparently
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
So is Gnasher telling us the truth is Tai a wolf or not? If he is a 'wolf' then she is being irresponsible if he is not a 'wolf' then she is obviously not telling the truth. Which is it?
NO HE IS NOT !!

O God, I shall never ever dare to joke again on Dogsey.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Actually Mish, CC does have a point.

I am not saying YOU are a bully, on the whole ... give or take the odd snap or two ... as I have said before, I find you play with a straight bat, despite the fact you intensely dislike CM's methods. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that, and I guess neither would CC.

However, what CC and I DO definitely have a problem with is that just because she and I, and others too, on the whole like the little guy, and like his methods, we are subjected to sarcasm, abuse and yes ... bullying. I know I have a well behaved, obedient, biddable dog, who is not only adored by us his family, he has a fan club at each of the several hostelries we regularly visit, with a constant stream of children wanting to pat the wolf !! Their word, not mine !!

He has actually become a bit of an ambassador as it were for those children who are terrified of dogs. A few minutes with Tai, and we virtually always have a conversion. They cannot resist his lovely bushy tail, which I tell them I use as a make up brush every morning !
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Actually Mish, CC does have a point.

I am not saying YOU are a bully, on the whole ... give or take the odd snap or two ... as I have said before, I find you play with a straight bat, despite the fact you intensely dislike CM's methods. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that, and I guess neither would CC.

However, what CC and I DO definitely have a problem with is that just because she and I, and others too, on the whole like the little guy, and like his methods, we are subjected to sarcasm, abuse and yes ... bullying. I know I have a well behaved, obedient, biddable dog, who is not only adored by us his family, he has a fan club at each of the several hostelries we regularly visit, with a constant stream of children wanting to pat the wolf !! Their word, not mine !!

He has actually become a bit of an ambassador as it were for those children who are terrified of dogs. A few minutes with Tai, and we virtually always have a conversion. They cannot resist his lovely bushy tail, which I tell them I use as a make up brush every morning !

i actually started this thread because i was wondering if he had got better.

I wish i could lock the bloody thing because im shocked that Tink has left because she felt upset by it all & no one should be made to feel like that.
Being abit Snappy does not make me a bully, lol, it makes me snappy!!!!

But as im not a bully i dont care if CC calls me one at all, it just makes her alittle bit ........ (fill in your own thoughts here!!)

Anyhoooooooooooooooooo im still waiting for my "bully boy" comments to be posted /quoted on here!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I know I have a well behaved, obedient, biddable dog, who is not only adored by us his family, he has a fan club at each of the several hostelries we regularly visit, with a constant stream of children wanting to pat the wolf !! Their word, not mine !!

I think its FANTASTIC you have a lovely dog, & if he promotes dogs in a positive sense thats all anyone on here could want!!!!!

But id like YOU to take some credit for him please!!!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:42 PM
gnasher it is fantastic that you have well behaved dogs and no-one would take that away from you.

what you and cc seem unable to accept is that some of cm's methods are unacceptable to some people.

i'm all for anyone wanting to help dogs that others have given up on and cm certainly appears to do just that at times. the issue has always been the way he gets his results with the so-called 'red zone' cases and whenever he applies dominant force to his 'rehabilitation'.

i know that i would not allow anyone to use some of the methods he employs on my dogs. i haven't heard you or other cm fans say that they would be happy to have these methods used on your own dogs either.

it seems crazy to continue this whole debate without reaching some kind of understanding here.
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I've always found the program very helpful. I wouldn't say that it's improved any in relation to the kind of thing that I'm interested in.

If you watch the program and see Ceasar Millan abusing dogs and recommending that you use harsh methods then you probably shouldn't follow his advise. (Unless you want to be cruel to your dog)

However, if you watch the progarm and see someone that clearly loves dogs, uses kind methods and shows how to develop a good relationship that results in a happy, well balanced dog then you'd be daft not to give it a try. And if it works well with your dog then stay with it!

The show has been a big help with resolving little problems with our dogs. We used to watch the show a lot before we got our oldest dog and found it very helpful. Then shortly after getting our dog we started training classes (an 'ignore the bad and reward the good' approach) and were 'warned off' the Dog Whisperer show.

We've come full circle and started watching the show again and following CM's advise with great results. We've taken on board a lot of the advice received from various trainers, but there was something lacking. The Dog Whisperer show fills those gaps and has resulted in our dogs being better behaved and more content.

It's OK to find someone's training methods unacceptable. It really is. It's a free country and we're each able to choose the methods that we feel are best for our dogs.

What I think would be useful and balanced is anti-all-the-other-trainers-training-methods thread (other being not CM) so that we can get a much clearer picture of the downsides and pit-falls of other training methods. That could have saved me making quite a few mistakes with my dogs!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Scarter, whenever I, or some of the others here try and post threads about other trainers none of the pros post a thing at all. TBH I think a big problem is that people dont look any further than him.
There has been some threads about dog borstal and its me or the dog and jan fennel but not as much as the CM man
I will start another thread - interesting to see if anyone joins it
Closed Thread
Page 61 of 84 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 > Last »