Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 03:37 PM

April fools day

Just reading over Rach's prediction of Karen and Phil's boy being born on the 1st of April. And it got me thinking about last April 1st.

My Dad called the school up (still in 6th form) and told the school that me and my little sister were to be informed that my Mum was in hospital and that she'd broke her ankle. The receptionist came to get us and I just laughed down the phone at my Dad, saying - I've got exams soon - I don't have time for jokes - I got home later that day to a taxi waiting to take us to the hospital

What jokes have you played on people or have had played on you?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 03:44 PM
We put up a For Sale notice outside our school
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 06:44 PM
My friend told me a bird had pooed on my shoulder when we were at school .

This year I have an appointment on that date and i'm dreading it LOL!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:38 AM
When my sister & I were pony mad kids, my dad arranged for us both to receive official looking parcels from the "RSPCH" (RSPC to Horses!). They contained letters on what looked like headed paper, & medals on ribbons. They were awarded to us in recognition of our care for horses! We proudly wore those medals all day & told all our friends & teachers. Then when we got home from school my dad admitted it was him We were so disappointed that he gave us each £5 to make up for it

My dad always caught us out as kids, the usual stuff like sending us out to buy tartan paint etc. Bit of a practical joker!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Wilbar that's hilarious!!!!! Your dad sounds ace! xx
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wilbar that's hilarious!!!!! Your dad sounds ace! xx
We got our own back whe we grew up . His 50th birthday cake was a complete surprise to him & was unveiled in front of a big crowd ~ it was in a very rude shape
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Can you remember when *forgets which store it was* advertised on the TV Rainbow paint - it came out in rainbow colours with one stroke - only available April 1st..loads of people went to this store to buy it and got April fooled

My Dad told me about that one - and it wasn't on April fools day!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I upset my Mum one year because of one of my jokes....

I asked a friend at work to ring her and say he was the dog warden and was ringing about a complaint about her dog fouling. She cried on the phone! She then rang my Sister up and said how horrible I was as she didn't find it funny at all! Looking back I can't think why I ever thought this would be funny and my friend at work had reservations

Other jokes I have done were changing all the village signs that said "no fouling" and had a picture of a dog on, these were changed by covering up the dog with a cat picture!

Also bought a group of horrid plastic Poundland gnomes and arranged them in our front garden for my husband.

We had someone at work who really took the mickey and was always ringing up with excuses about not coming in. I sent my manager an e-mail saying he had decided he was going to ring up when he was coming in to work as this would be cheaper for him. She didn't find this funny but other managers did.

I woke my husband up on 1st April when it was a Saturday and his day off and said his manager had rung and wanted him to go in to work. He was quite relieved when I said "April Fool"!

I don't do April Fools jokes anymore-have given up!