Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 04:35 PM

British Bull Dog

Hello.

One of my friends is looking to rehome her dog and he is adorable!

I know zilch about this breed so I am trying to do some research to see if he will fit into my household.

I have got five dogs. They are all insured, fed well and go to regular training classes. I walk the young 4 dogs for 2 hours a day, then they get 3 free run session as well as 20 minutes training session a day.

The old man is walked twice a day (45 minutes to an hour) and then is left to his own choice. If he want to come out to the free run, he can otherwise he sleep the day away.

Ideally as I normally walk on my own, I would like the bulldog to be okay with Jack along with some training/free run as there is a bylaw of walking no more than four dogs per person here.

Jack the old fellow does get two long walks a week (four hours) with the others when my best friend is here.

However, if not, does anybody know somebody who would love to give this fellow a home?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
i think you need to be a bit more detailed... you havent said what other breeds your dogs are. bulldogs are quite low energy i gather, and i dont think one could cope with that ammount of exercise (the ones your young ones get) especially in warmer weather.

have you got time for another, if this dogs walking and training requirements are different etc?

fingers crossed you can offer him a home.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry!

My four young dogs are; 2 springers, a collie cross and a collie (possibly cross) and my old man is a mongrel.

As I work from work, my whole life is evolved around my dogs. I will be happy to give him more training etc etc but I am too nervous that my house might be too much for him.

Like today, I got up at 6 for a morning walk, we got back as the sun rise at 8 which point we will feed the llamas, let the chickens, the ducks and the rabbits out of their housing.

Then its an hour rest for them while I get some work done before their breakfast.

Then as I don't have much to do today, we went on a long walk from 11:30 to 3.

No rest though as we change the water and do some halter training with the llamas before feeding them again.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Just wanted to add my old thread - I will update this soon!

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=152939
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
maybe it could be too much for him. it depends on how active he is now? and what the current owner does with him?
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
That is what I thought.

I will ask my friend but as she work 9 to 5, I highly doubt it would be much.

Maybe as he is used to be left, I could crate train him and build up slowly? Or would it be too late as he is around 3/4?
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Parkers View Post
That is what I thought.

I will ask my friend but as she work 9 to 5, I highly doubt it would be much.

Maybe as he is used to be left, I could crate train him and build up slowly? Or would it be too late as he is around 3/4?
You can crate train a dog at any age. I crate trained my dog last year
, age 12.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
You can crate train a dog at any age. I crate trained my dog last year
, age 12.
I wasn't clear enough, I am sorry. I meant too old to have as much exercise as the others as I have read somewhere that they get 'old' at 6.

But congratulations on crate training at 12 - I found it hard enough at the age of 3 for my Billy!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
I wasn't clear enough, I am sorry. I meant too old to have as much exercise as the others as I have read somewhere that they get 'old' at 6.

But congratulations on crate training at 12 - I found it hard enough at the age of 3 for my Billy!

Oops I'm replying on my phone and will give you some advice later when I can get on pc. Dont like typing detailed response via tthe phone.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello.

One of my friends is looking to rehome her dog and he is adorable!

I know zilch about this breed so I am trying to do some research to see if he will fit into my household.

I have got five dogs. They are all insured, fed well and go to regular training classes. I walk the young 4 dogs for 2 hours a day, then they get 3 free run session as well as 20 minutes training session a day.

The old man is walked twice a day (45 minutes to an hour) and then is left to his own choice. If he want to come out to the free run, he can otherwise he sleep the day away.

Ideally as I normally walk on my own, I would like the bulldog to be okay with Jack along with some training/free run as there is a bylaw of walking no more than four dogs per person here.

Jack the old fellow does get two long walks a week (four hours) with the others when my best friend is here.

However, if not, does anybody know somebody who would love to give this fellow a home?
Don`t see why the bulldog cant keep up with Jack on his walks, if he is fit and healthy.

If he already gets in with your lot and your lot get on with him, cant see why he wont fit nicely into your household.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >