View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I took my SBT to the vets who ran checks on pretty much everything and found that he was allergic to pretty much everything. He is allergic to most foods and even gets inflamed through pollen, long grass etc
Firstly I would recommend getting your dog insured as it proved to save me thousands of pounds in treating mine as he went on a yearly course of injections to build up his tolerance levels to the key things he was allergic to which was supplemented with steroid injections to reduce the inflamation and stop the scratching.
This did not show up straight away so do not discount allergies which are common with this breed.
im off to get some wafcol salmon and potato! - as I am eternally looking for that food that suits him best!
ali5
New Member!
Female 

26-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Defo sounds to me like an allergy. The black dots and spots together with raw sore skin is exactly how Milly was. Allergies can come on at any time in a dogs life, especially between the ages of 2-3. When tested Milly came positive for nearly all foods, grasses, trees and weeds.

We changed her food to hypoallergenic Wafcol, Salmon and potato about 8 weeks ago and this change, together with antibioics and shampoos, have seen a massive improvement. What diet are you feeding? Might be worth trying for a few months to see. Good luck. Ali & Milly x
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-03-2008, 12:16 PM
how does your one cope with natural food as well like carcasses / bones etc
i feed mine a mixture of dry complete stuff and tripe / chicken mince / bones and carcasses etc ....wondering if swapping the dry to wafcol would benefit
?
ali5
New Member!
Female 

26-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Nickyboy

Milly is allergic to the vast majority of things - trees, weeds, grasses but also has severe food allergies i.e. rice, wheat, chicken, beef, lamb etc so we have to be really careful what she has to eat.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2