View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I feed raw.I do NOT find it more expensive,....in fact its cheaper and I couldn't care less if it takes a bit more time and effort...my dogs are worth it and if I couldn't find that little bit of extra time it takes to feed my dogs what I consider was beneficial to them then I would seriously think twice about whether I had time for my dogs at all.
If someone chooses to feed complete because they don't agree with feeding raw then thats fine...but time and money are no excuses IMO.
craig
Dogsey Junior

03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
i agree with you archer i find it costs me about £2.50 a week each dog thats pritty cheap to me and theres not much more hassle.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
thank you archer, that about sums it up. i would say the same too, although people like to argue with me. [admin edit: contentious remarks removed] . this doesnt just apply to feeding.
you cant hide under ignorance, the facts are out there, just go find them. it can be scary, esp when there are people scare mongering. the old ideas are the best ideas. pet food is a relatively new scam, and we have managed to have healthy dogs well before it was invented as a cheap and lazy way to feed.

dont trust people that would rather have money over your dogs health.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I do not feed raw as I don't feel comfortable feeding it and I'm a bit of a worrier that I maynot be giving him the correct amount of nutrients that he needs

I feed him on Burns complete and he's looking really well on it
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 05:50 PM
IMO it's not cheap or lazy to feed your dog in the manner you beleive to be best for them. I can't feed raw to mine they won't eat it and it makes me mad that you seem to be suggesting your way is always right. My dogs are happy and healthy and well loved. They don't need raw meat to prove that !
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm confused, am I reading this right.................What your saying is If we loved our dogs we'd feed them raw, for those that choose not to feed raw we shouldn't own a dog ??????????

What the hell are you on about jess?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:07 PM
jess not everyone thinks that feeding raw is the best for their dogs, so how can u say that they dotn love their dogs unless they do wots best for them and feed raw? in their eyes they ARE doing whats best for them and feeding them a commercial diet. It also pays to notice that most have changed to a more expensive diet because it is better for their dogs. Unfortunetely there is no evidence to suggest that a raw diet is the way to go so u cant expect everyone to do as u say. There is no one right way
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by jess
thank you archer, that about sums it up. i would say the same too, although people like to argue with me. [admin edit: contentious remarks removed] . this doesnt just apply to feeding.
you cant hide under ignorance, the facts are out there, just go find them. it can be scary, esp when there are people scare mongering. the old ideas are the best ideas. pet food is a relatively new scam, and we have managed to have healthy dogs well before it was invented as a cheap and lazy way to feed.

dont trust people that would rather have money over your dogs health.
You have a rather irritating habit of claiming that there are facts out there but not actually showing us where these facts are, you are a member of an organisation that promotes Raw food and BARF therefore you have an axe to grind. I do not have any axe to grind my opinion comes from scientific fact not some Guru type mentality.

What comes to mind is the messianic fervour of the born again anything’s. I remember John Gummer the then health minister force feeding his child with a hamburger whilst extolling in the same messianic vigour that there was no possibility that BSE can affect humans. That little time bomb it yet to have its full impact on our lives.

You have ignored every argument I have put forward and just carried on chanting the same mantra that BARF is good BARF is best, almost like the animals in Animal farm remember, 4 legs good 2 legs bad.

You are stating people are lazy because they feed complete food. How dare you make that assumption? I am starting to think that there are fiscal reasons for your total loyalty to this dangerous way of feeding.

I don’t give a tinkers toss on how much is costs, cook whatever you are giving to the dog and that is fine, give it raw and you are risking your dogs life, it is a simple as that. How you feed your dog is your business but when you are ramming unscientific garbage down other people’s throats then it time someone stepped in and disputed this rubbish.

Stan
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Guys you are getting me wrong. my way isnt the only right way, as their are so many ways to feed naturally - cooked, meat no bones, just bones etc etc etc.

what i mean on the whole is that we love our dogs so we should do right by them by researching and making ourselves knowledgable so we can make the right desicions for them. alot of people i know feed burns, and the dogs look great. my aim is to let people know there are other ways instead of just the conventional meat-outova-tin way.

i started this rant after reading the forum on the doglisteners site, where he is convincing everyone to feed anything but raw. as an advocate for raw, i was shocked that he is scaring people against feeding raw.
my way is the right way for me. it is not my intention to make everyone else do it my way, that would be a bit hitler-ish of me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't feed raw and I will give you my reasons
I feed fresh food including some raw to puppies up to about the age of 9 months.. but only the best quality organic if possible because I am a food nut
My present dog Amy I had a lot of tummy and allergy problems when younger and Burns was recommended so I tried it with fantastic results....all the coat and tummy problems went.
Having a breed with a beard I would be worried about feeding raw particularly chicken which may contain large quantities of bacteria that would sit in the dogs beard, if I had a beardless breed I would consider it, but then again as I only eat or feed organic it would be very expecsive for me. To me Burns or one of the other 'approved non tested' foods is the next best thing.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »