Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gillhugh
New Member!
Female 

06-06-2009, 02:11 AM

help with the pups im hand rearing!?

hi everyone im new to the site ...i have a staffy whom i rescued of the street 2 years ago she is approx 3 years old, she began labour early hours this am had 4 but 2 were stillborn ...she then had complications and we took her straigh to the vet whom gave her a c section,it turns out 1 pup was stuck in birth canal... the vet delivered 3 out of her but the pup that was stuck was dead,so we now hve 4 live pups and 3 that didnt make it...
anyway the problem im having is that the 2 which she had naturally i have been feeding through a syringe with special pup milk is there any chance mummy dog will accept them bk into the litter tomoro when we are expecting her home along with the other pups!?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Can I ask why they are not feeding from mum, if the vet knew mum would be staying in the hospital for a while then the pups born naturally should have stayed with her. That first puppy colostrum is VERY important to a new born pup, it gives them the anti-bodies they need, which formula won't.

In answer to your question, I'm pretty sure mum will accept them, just watch her carefully. How is she doing with the others?