Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Cheex30 View Post
Thank you all once again for your fantastic advice, dont get me wrong Im not totally ignoring her Im just not paying attention to the whining however I am giving her loads of fuss, cuddles and play when she stops the whining, she just loves tug of war and running after the ball in the garden, so far this approach seems to have paid off because she has settled really well now and shes currently snoring in her basket.

She is such a lovely dog and has a fantastic temprement and she is so well behaved, shes an absolute joy, Im going to be gutted when I give her back next Tuesday, but as luck has it I have another dog to babysit next Friday this will be a Bassett Hound.
Hi Cheex that's great news and it sounds as though you have done a good job.
We know you are not ignoring her and think you would agree that no one was actually suggested that you ignored the dog just the unwanted behaviour/ whining and pacing . I think when we suggested this it was just reinforcing that which you already knew..
Good luck with the Basset Hound
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2