or any other ideas

thanks
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-10-2012, 08:20 PM
How about one of these?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/25086...bar&adtype=pla

How long is the dog being kept in the crate? I would not want to keep a dog in a locked crate very long tbh (I'm personally not keen on them at all - unless absolutely needed)
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 10:29 AM
If you use a rabbit bottle you will need to teach the dog to use it, we have one who gets water quite easily and one who just doesn't get it at all. We use a non tip bowl for her and have it in an upturned box so she cannot stand in it. Box on side not upside down sort of forms a shelf over it.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 11:15 AM
This is the one I bought - brilliant! It doesn't spill or tip at all and we love it
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I have a little clip on one like that too. If you are feeding dried/complete dog food then the dog will drink a lot. If you are confining the dog over night it will need several drinks.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 12:50 PM
i got a clip on parrots water bowl. similar to what Azz posted a piccie of .
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
i have the plastic clip on bowls, my bouncy little dog hasn't managed to knock it off yet, though she did knock the metal one that just sits on the crate sides off and made a huge mess. I tried a rabbit bottle and it also made a huge mess.
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
How about one of these?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/25086...bar&adtype=pla

How long is the dog being kept in the crate? I would not want to keep a dog in a locked crate very long tbh (I'm personally not keen on them at all - unless absolutely needed)
hay this looks good just wondered if you had to unscrew daily to pour fresh in?
as for crates i swore my dog one would never be put in a "cage" however we have dog 2 now and he is a puppy 9 months now but he doesnt give dog one 5 mins peace and gives off quite awfull noises when play fighting soo

he is crated at night and when we are out 5hrs at most 2 days a week plus odd shopping trip etc i dont quite trust them yet as some times we have to intervine as it all gets a bit too full on even tho tails are wagging i always take out blankets in day and leave a bowl of water in his crates with toys and cushion but at night i like him to have his comforts like blankets etc but this is when he covers his bowl he is a small terrior 30 cm tall (to shoulder) in a medium sized crate so a human pillow takes up half and food bowl and water takes up other as it were.

also he will lay in my springers bed then give off a low growl when he goes to get in it dog one doesnt react other then flumping on the floor xx

i dont want him to be soiled at night if he tips his bowl over so need some ideas xx
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by DexNjj View Post
i have the plastic clip on bowls, my bouncy little dog hasn't managed to knock it off yet, though she did knock the metal one that just sits on the crate sides off and made a huge mess. I tried a rabbit bottle and it also made a huge mess.
i suppose the rabbit bottles drip time to time x :/ twist on type one looks good
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
i got a clip on parrots water bowl. similar to what Azz posted a piccie of .
cool xx this looks like the way forward x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >