View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I think if Bear is now retaliating then things are on their way down, at least its a risk that doesnt need to be there. Greys have a low percentage of body fat, thin skin and are not known for long term stamina, can you imagine what would happen if a full blown fight broke out

It's not a nice position to be in and I don't envy you. You have tried to help this dog out. But do you want your two dogs and yourself and family to spend the next ten years like this?

I think it might be a good idea to return Bear to his original owner since it sounds like they are as committed as can be to finding a suitable new home and this is something to learn from when it comes to the next potential new home.

Random, just a suggestion but have you tried Fife Rottweiller Rescue? I know that they have transported dogs from a distance into one of their foster homes before, at least I have heard they did. SO if you havent already it might be worth contacting them if need be?
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I've returned Bear to Random's dad today. I've not been home long, but Guinness is already looking a lot happier and Tyr is back in the living room.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Hugs xxxxxx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I've returned Bear to Random's dad today. I've not been home long, but Guinness is already looking a lot happier and Tyr is back in the living room.
I'm glad things are already settling back down
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Its sad but it wasn't mean't to be. Now all of you can relax and enjoy your Christmas.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Bear is also happy at my dads and spent his first half hour back peeing all over the garden and claiming it back as his lol!

Thanks for giving him a try CCF x

We'll get Christmas done and then next week we will try the rescues which people have mentioned that we haven't already tried, so thanks for your help guys.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 01:49 PM
So glad to hear all is now back to normal, and I really hope you find this lovely boy a new, forever home where he can settle.

I commend you CCF for being so very brave and taking the sensible route, which is for the best all round, now you can relax and enjoy your Christmas and so can the rest of the family.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Sorry you had to hand him back to his original owner as it must have been hard to do! But at least now you can all relax at home.
Originally Posted by random View Post
Bear is also happy at my dads and spent his first half hour back peeing all over the garden and claiming it back as his lol!

Thanks for giving him a try CCF x

We'll get Christmas done and then next week we will try the rescues which people have mentioned that we haven't already tried, so thanks for your help guys.
At least you know he is happy for now. Hope you all have a good xmas day and that things progress in the new year. It must be really hard for all involved but I am sure he will find a suitable home thats best for him, when its meant to be x
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5