Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Really hope it's good news for you both. x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Bit concerned that you've not been back on to say how the op went....I hope everything is ok. x
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry Hali, couldn't leave her side yesterday after pick up, so didn't get to log on.
Picked her up about 3.30, complete with drain in her side and a huge collar. Its the first time she has had a collar.....oh dear me, the collar seemed to make her think that she couldnt walk, drink, eat, anything. Itwas really funny, but a bit scary at first as she looked as if she couldnt control her back legs again.
Getting her out of the back of the mini was a nightmare.
She wouldnt settle unless I was on the floor at her side. She wouldnt eat or drink which was a worry, not the food but the water. In the end I syringed some into her mouth through the evening.
We went back this morning for a check up, she wouldnt eat so they injected metacam (which she has on her food once a day) and also antibiotics.
I asked for the collar off and now she is back to normal! Its a miracle!!! She can walk,drink,eat, shout at the postie...
I think the collar just made her depressed, I've NEVER in 9 years seen her tail (small as it is) tucked under at home, she has always been so happy. Soooo, the collar will only go on when she is alone so she can't pull the drain out...but then again, if she goes all miserable again, I might just leave her without it.
The results will be back in a couple of days but the vet who operated said it all came away in one bit, it was just under the skin and her lymph nodes wern't up. Fingers crossed now.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh bless......good job she has you! Fingers crossed about the results but sounds promising?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Sorry Hali, couldn't leave her side yesterday after pick up, so didn't get to log on.
Picked her up about 3.30, complete with drain in her side and a huge collar. Its the first time she has had a collar.....oh dear me, the collar seemed to make her think that she couldnt walk, drink, eat, anything. Itwas really funny, but a bit scary at first as she looked as if she couldnt control her back legs again.
Getting her out of the back of the mini was a nightmare.
She wouldnt settle unless I was on the floor at her side. She wouldnt eat or drink which was a worry, not the food but the water. In the end I syringed some into her mouth through the evening.
We went back this morning for a check up, she wouldnt eat so they injected metacam (which she has on her food once a day) and also antibiotics.
I asked for the collar off and now she is back to normal! Its a miracle!!! She can walk,drink,eat, shout at the postie...
I think the collar just made her depressed, I've NEVER in 9 years seen her tail (small as it is) tucked under at home, she has always been so happy. Soooo, the collar will only go on when she is alone so she can't pull the drain out...but then again, if she goes all miserable again, I might just leave her without it.
The results will be back in a couple of days but the vet who operated said it all came away in one bit, it was just under the skin and her lymph nodes wern't up. Fingers crossed now.
Fingers crossed, that sounds quite promising news from the vet.

Poor girl. Mine react very similarly when they have a lampshade on - poor things seem to think I'm trying to punish them, so must admit I always try to manage without them. I did use another type once - it doesn't look that comfortable, but Hoki much preferred it to the cone type.

Glad to hear she's back to normal whe she's not wearing it
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear she is back home (I'm still catching up with all these posts I've missed whilst away! )

I agree it does sound promising, fingers crossed here too for you both xx.

I remember Ozzy having to wear a lampshade after his cruciate op - it freaked him out too. He wouldn't go through doors with it on as the first time he tried he bashed the shade and he didn't like the noise!! He hated it too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Glad all is well now that you've removed said lampshade, and I've had that in the past too!

All the best with those results, how long do you have to wait before you know? Good luck anyways.xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Aw Gill what a nightmare for you, especially when you thought her legs were away again. Huge hugs to you. It all sounds promising from what the vet said. Everything crossed for you here xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Just read this, Gill. What a worry for you. Hope the results are the good kind, hon xxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Had a call from the vet this evening about the results from the lump removed from Gels lastTuesday.
Her opening line was ...well its not good news (me passing out)......but its not bad new really either (found I could breathe again!!).
Although the lump was cancerous, it is not an agressive cancer its an intermediate cancer, which doesn't spread throughout the body. It may return around the same place as this one, we have to keep checking her for lumps appearing. Suzy (the vet) said she would check too when she sees Gels for her usual check on her post spine op progress.
Soooo all in all I think its the best we could have hoped for after being told more or less immediately that it wasn't benign. I'm a happy bunny now.
Thanks for all your support. As usual Dogsey is wonderful
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >