View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amykf3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2008, 07:06 PM

Is any ones dog on Drontal Flavour Plus tablets?

Just been to the vets and been given Drontal in tablet form now (was in liquid form earlier). Anyway it says on it one tab to be given every 3 months. Things is that the tablet is really big and has score marks to quarter it and there's only one tablet in the pack. Does anyone know if you should put it into 4 therefore it lasts a year? I would call the vets but they're closed and I was wanting to give it to her ASAP.
Please help!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 07:41 PM
If it is a round tablet the dose is 1 tablet for each 10 kg of the dog. If it is an oval, yellow tablet that is for over 35 kg.
You give it all in one dose. Either wrap it in cheese (or something) or you can crush it up and hide it in food.

I tend to give worming tablets in the morning as they can (but don't often) upset the stomach.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
If it is a round tablet the dose is 1 tablet for each 10 kg of the dog. If it is an oval, yellow tablet that is for over 35 kg.
You give it all in one dose. Either wrap it in cheese (or something) or you can crush it up and hide it in food.

I tend to give worming tablets in the morning as they can (but don't often) upset the stomach.
Beautifully said, I shall add nothing further.