Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Collecting...

I have just ordered 4 cheapo agility hurdles (a tenner each!) and am hoping to collect some equipment. There's only so much I can carry with me to the park but if I can get some stuff together I can take it onto my aunt's field and train with Takara.

I'm doing it because I can't run with her very much anymore as my knee has got worse and I want to get her training to distance commands but she wouldn't be able to focus in a classful of dogs and I can't afford private agility lessons.

So we're going to practice on our own! I don't want to compete with her, it's just that she loves the agility so much I want to give her a chance to do it!

There's also a group of dog owners in Sheffield who want to set up an agility club locally because it's quite a trek to the nearest one so it'd be nice to be able to start something like that up.

So if anyone knows of any second hand/cheap stuff going, please do let me know! I'm interested in getting some weaves next as the dog walk and a frame etc are a little big to be carrying to the park!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Weaves are easy if you are on grass, just poles stuck in the ground, try making your own as per here or here or even here!
Becky :smt002
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks Becky...

I did see your post on another forum but I was a bit wary of sticking poles into the bowling green...

It's not really used as a bowling green anymore, but then I'm not really *supposed* to use it so have to leave it in good condition!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
i got mine off ebay and thay have a thin spike in the bottom to put in the ground so you wuld not see wen they are removed. hope that helps.