View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
No Benji never bothers with the post at all, he growls and barks a bit when the postman pushes it through the door but he doesn't bother with the actual letters.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
Hollie isn't remotely bothered by the post - my youngest son however will pick it up at top speed, take it away and sort into a Daddy pile and a Mummy pile (makes it sound as though we get loads, we don't!!) and then wants to know why he and his brother never get any!
Aw have you told him it's just bills?
You'll have to end them letters
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Ben's Mum.

From what you all say, sounds like Loki just does it to get a rise out of me then!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Aw have you told him it's just bills?
You'll have to end them letters
Yes, I say if he wants them he is more than welcome then when he realises it involves parting with money he lets me keep them!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
When im not here-i have to put the parcel shelf from my car infront of door cause otherwise Vegas rips everything to pieces.

He's managed to destroy several important letters and even a DVD which i wasnt too chuffed about considering i thought i'd guarded the door well enough...

This is his insurance policy which he managed to get to.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
When im not here-i have to put the parcel shelf from my car infront of door cause otherwise Vegas rips everything to pieces.

He's managed to destroy several important letters and even a DVD which i wasnt too chuffed about considering i thought i'd guarded the door well enough...

LOL @ vegas

bruno likes the postie coming and will bark and bark to tell me its here. He used to run down the stairs and stand at the door barking as the post comes through., However IO put a dog gate up due to the work on house starting so he cant get to front door.

When the postie has to chap the door as something wont fit - bruno always used to get a biscuit from her too.....

i had to get the door the other day and she was standing thir post in one hand and biscuit in the other....and she said OOHHHH where is he - so I had to go upstairs and let him down to get his biscuit !!!! spoilt rotten or what "!!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi we used to have this problem with gemma but we solved it by using an outside letter box now and we turned it into a "working game"too so when we hear the postman we say gemma post and she gos around to the box and carries the letters back for us she's always so pleased with herself and we have no more shredded letters
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Steve

Oh Steve ...! Hope you salvaged the important bits!

Loki did manage to demolish a pair of concert tickets - luckily the venue replaced them as they were a present for friends.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog

When the postie has to chap the door as something wont fit - bruno always used to get a biscuit from her too.....
Awwwwwwwww Bruno is such a sweetie! What a great way of getting the dog used to the postman!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:36 PM
My reds HATE the postman and will grab and shake the post like a mad dogs when it comes through the letterbox! They will shred it if I am not there!

I was shocked when Potter snapped at the postman . She has never even grumbled at anyone before and she snapped at him on our road. We were not even on 'her' property! I am still confused as to why, but the postman said that all dogs hate him, even when he is not in uniform. Sorry about the detour from subject!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >