Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 08:29 PM

What do I need to do?

We're hoping to breed Takara in a year or two but I want to make sure I do everything right.

I know that there's a lot to do but don't know what order to do it in!

I know she needs health checks, she's already hearing tested normal but needs other tests and I also need to get her endorsement lifted so that pups can be KC registered.

I know there's loads more to do prior to breeding as well as looking into suitable studs etc. and I won't breed unless I have a waiting list for at least some of the pups but how do I go about getting a waiting list? Other than advertising an upcoming litter on the British Dalmatian Club? Also can you give me a list (in order) of the things I'd have to do please?

Obviously we've got to wait til the time and see that it's still the right thing to do but I want to start looking into it now so I'm not going into it without the full facts!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 11:26 PM
first thing to do ask her breeder does she think your bitch is good enough to breed from.

then if she says yes get all the health tests done for your breed sorry i dont know what they are

then start looking for a stud her breeder should be able to help you here as well

then get your breeder to lift the endorsements

there are a few ways to get people on a waiting list
if you show and is doing well then people will come on to you and ask about pups, the breeder can pass ppl to you and so can the stud owner. a website also helps. as people that are not in to showing can still see you/her

hope this helps
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Thankyou Natalie!

I will not be doing it for at least another year anyway as my little girl is only a year old. I know that at this moment in time Karyn thinks a lot about Takara and has previously mentioned breeding but obviously we'll wait to see how she is in a year or so.

My main concern is simply making sure that I'm in a position to do it and am absolutely sure, then I'll do all the things you mentioned. Thankyou.

Also, Takara has had a phantom after her first season BUT she never did all the guarding teddies etc, didn't lactate or anything so I am thinking I'll see how her next season goes as to whether she should go through any more. Is this okay? She did drive me crazy while having her phantom (because she kept digging and I was worried anyway) but in fairness it wasn't really too severe I just made a big fuss!

Thanks again