View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:11 AM

If you win BPIS or BIS at an open you can't compete where.....?

If you win BPIS or BIS at an open you can't compete where.....?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Apart from any more at that particular show ---------------- I don't think I understand the question. Do you think you could explain a bit further?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Ok, sorry i'm new to all this, I did ask a man but his answer was to complicated!

"The doga awarded BIS and RBIS must not compete in and subsequent competition", does it mean just at that particular show? Because isn't BIS like the LAST thing they award anyway

I was confused about when you change to graduate e.t.c, when you have so many points are you not allowed to compete any lower (e.g, if you were eligible for post grad, you couldnt compete in grad)

Sorry if i'm just confusing you
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:29 AM
It all depends on what other wins your dog has Actually winning a BIS or BPIS at any show doesn't stop you showing your dog at another show

The classes your dog wins on the way to the award might stop you competing at Companion shows(if your dog gains a JW) & in certain classes at other shows, but the actual award itself doesn't overqualify your dog for another show
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanx Joedee I ment once your points started adding up if there were certain shows or classes you werent allowed to compete in, after you had a certain amount of points. Like if (by some miracle!) she got her JW.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Understand now, if you win BPIS or BIS you can not continue to compete in that show, if you think about it if you were to compete in a stake or variety class and be beaten you would then be the Best in Show who was bettered so the dog that had bettered you would have reason to claim that they were in fact the best.

Otherwise you are best to read the explanation given in the schedule for the classes, Minor Puppy, Puppy, Junior, Yearling and special Yearling are all age classes and wins do not count but all other classes are restricted is some way and the best way to learn about this is to read in the schedule the section called Definition of Classes this will tell you what makes a dog unsuitable to enter that class, with classes that are called special or Sp. the society may make up their own terms for entry the rest are set down by the KC.

__________________________________________________ __________________

You replied whilst I was writing the above, JW points, in themselves, make no difference to which classes you enter, but if you have been awarded the JW you can't enter Companion Shows.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Thank you Thordell, thats exactly what I ment Thanx for helping