View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry guys! My internet cut-down means I didn't read all of these until now!

Thanks - yes, we're pretty addicted although I have to say it's heartwrenching leaving my little girl chained to a bench next to a dog that doesn't like her and seeing her face as you walk away so I didn't see a lot as I kept going back to check she was ok! She kept managing to pull herself off the bench but then her chain was too short to get back on again!

Plus, she was disturbing all the others crying and shouting for me!

I wouldn't really have cared what place she came if at all and was really surprised she came 4th in her first show but she's still 1st in my eyes!

Chilli, will definitely look out for you! I'm not sure when our next show will be, we missed the entry date for the open show on the 22nd feb, when we enter for our next one and I know which number we are I'll let you know and we'll find each other!

Takara wasn't as overwhelmed by all the spots as I thought she'd be (but then there are a few at training that she sees regularly) but did like the little pugs in the ring next to us and was sticking her head through to have a look! I had to apologise for disturbing them *blushes*

Must go now, it's late and we're having an early morning walk tomorrow!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Sorry its late,well done and congratulations.
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Chilli-Pepper
We start out showing next month (19th) as Chilli will six months on the 15th, , we will be in the same boat as you were, Chilli will be up against her brother in her first show!! can't wait, should be great fun. hope to see you at one of the shows at sometime
We will look out for you too!! What's your 1st show? If we are there we can arrange to meet up, although we are pretty easy to find if we have T's dad with us!! He is usually the one bouncing in about 4 or 5 feet in the air!

Kadyxx
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Sorry guys! My internet cut-down means I didn't read all of these until now!

I have to say it's heartwrenching leaving my little girl chained to a bench next to a dog that doesn't like her and seeing her face as you walk away so I didn't see a lot as I kept going back to check she was ok! She kept managing to pull herself off the bench but then her chain was too short to get back on again!

!
Unfortunately benching is something you can't train for! Its doesn't take long for them to get used to it though as they soon learn all about the show scene(probably quicker than we do) and what is expected of them
Try shortening the chain a little to make sure she can't get off the bench...or you could take a small fold up chair and put ot infromt of her bench
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 07:34 PM
it's heartwrenching leaving my little girl chained to a bench next to a dog that doesn't like her and seeing her face as you walk away so I didn't see a lot as I kept going back to check she was ok! She kept managing to pull herself off the bench but then her chain was too short to get back on again!
Why don't you consider a crate, either metal or a soft one? Or a bench guard? (cheaper) Lots of Dalmatian owners use them. I wouldn't use a chain on a puppy at all, these days only my old bitch goes on one as she is getting on now and placid! Well relatively..
Chilli-Pepper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2006, 05:58 PM
We have gone for a soft crate as I too was not sure how Chilli would get on being benched, unfortunatly I am not very good with cm's (still in feet and inches ) what I thought was a reasonable size crate trying to judge the measurements in the store, took it out of the wrapping when I got home and quite honestly I could park a double dekker bus in it so I'm sure know one will miss me, I will be the one with a six month old puppy sitting in the millennium dome

kady, it would be great to see you and the famous T's dad, we are very lucky as we live near the sports connexion at Ryton, warwickshire and there seems to be shows nearly every week there, so at the moment we don't have to go too far, we will be at

Hinkley & District CS open show at Ryton
19th Feb

Sutton Coldfield & District CA open show at Ryton
25th Feb

Stratford on Avon open show at Ryton
8th April

Coventry & District Kennel Association. Open Show at Ryton
Sunday 21st May 2006

Banbury & DCS Open Show at Ryton
May 1st 2006

and of course the BDC show on the 6th May again at Ryton,

Lottie, let me know if you will be at any of these shows