View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Chloe's Doing Really Well! Here's how shes doing.

Thought i'd let you guys know how Chloe's doing with her showing as i never make any posts about her

As some of you may know, she's 5 years old and has done no showing, or anything like that, until about 3 months ago when we took her along to ringcraft with her puppies and let her have a go at it! They said to try her in some smaller shows as she might do ok, and she loves it! So, we've entered her in about 3 or 4 shows and she started off being awful! She used to leap and try to run off if i did more than walk with her (she's always been like that!!) but she has consistently got placed in lab and AV classes

But, on Sunday we took her to an open show and she did really well! I still didn't run her as fast as i could as i was worrying she'd run off But she got two 2nd's in classes of about 20 dogs I was really shocked!! Though she has been standing really nicely (better than either of the pups did but dont tell them that ) and she's really good for letting herself be examine, and she does move nicely, even though she has a nasty plate in her leg - Poor Chloe!!

Anyway, at ringcraft last night i was really brave and had a go at running with her... And she was perfect!!! She just ran along next to me perfectly!!!
Its really weird though as i've been so busy at uni i've not had any time to practise with her for about 3 or 4 weeks so she's not been doing any showing stuff til the show on Sunday. The people at the ringcraft said that she's been watching the other dogs and knows what she has to do But i dont think dogs are that intelligent, are they?? She's probably just calmed down a bit!!

Anyway, we have 3 more open shows entered for the next few weeks so i'll see if she's as well behaved in the ring as at ringcraft!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Thats great news, well done Chloe :smt041

Good luck in your other shows
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Thats great...well done both of you! You've really got the bug haven't you
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Thank you both

And yeah, i really enjoy the showing and the dogs love it!! I suppose the stuff we do may seem a bit pointless to people who show professionally but i find it a lot friendlier and a nicer day out as theres not so much pressure when theres no qualifications to be had The lab people were SOOOO friendly at the show on sunday. Several labbie people came over asking about the breeding of our dogs and what we had and are planning to do with them and they said some nice things about them which is always nice to hear

I am actually having a go at agility and flyball with Meg and Riley but cos of Chloe's leg she cant do anything like that But she loves the showing so we're going to carry on with that for her. If she carries on getting placed at open shows we may try one or two champ shows with her in the summer - But i actually like doing open and limit ones best They're usually at agricultural fairs and stuff and its a fun day out