Female 

15-05-2009, 11:17 AM
The law should be changed......an eye for an eye

Thats such such sad news RIP Sweetheat
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:19 AM
That is disgusting. So are they saying that being kicked to death is an acceptable way of killing a dog?
Bleepity bleep RSPCA.
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately it is all about the law and whether they think they can get a conviction. If they haven't got sufficient grounds to make a case, they would not be permitted to take it to court.

If cruelty is defined as allowing an animal to suffer and if the vets agree that the yorkie would not have suffered because he died immediately from a single blow, the RSPCA would not have succeeed.

I hate that the guy has got away with this, but I don't think I blame the RSPCA in this case.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:31 AM
But it needs to go to Court doesn't it for scum like that to be banned from keeping dogs? At least it's criminal damage (unless the dog was his!).

How stupid - and after the changes to the law too so they had more powers.

No doubt someone somewhere who loves animals will know who he is. Maybe natural justice will prevail.

Laura xx
nat888
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Any animal cruelty should be prosecuted in my eyes, although I know it is not always possible unfortunately. I the sentencing for animal cruelty was more severe it might deter people from hurting animals more.

Nat
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:27 PM
The more I hear about the RSPCA, the more my mind boggles..................

My Daughter wants to be an RSPCA Inspector when she leaves school. I've warned her that I don't think the job is for her. I'm afraid if she came across an evil @rsehole like in this case, I think she'd flip if they weren't being penalised for such an awful act of abuse!!!! I'm losing respect for the RSPCA in a biggggggg way
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Unfortunately it is all about the law and whether they think they can get a conviction. If they haven't got sufficient grounds to make a case, they would not be permitted to take it to court.
If cruelty is defined as allowing an animal to suffer and if the vets agree that the yorkie would not have suffered because he died immediately from a single blow, the RSPCA would not have succeeed.

I hate that the guy has got away with this, but I don't think I blame the RSPCA in this case.
Im sure we would all like to see this person in court but unfortunately Hali is right in this case. Its all very well to slate the RSPCA but if they're hands are tied what do you expect them to do?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Beggars belief, the law should be changed so that at least they can be prosecuted for something, then they can be banned from owning animals.
This is getting more and more prevalent just lately What is wrong with the human race
Elaine xx
cally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2009, 02:21 PM
A while ago someone was prosecuted for
stamping on a kitten,so what the hell is the
difference?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >