register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Please Send Me Patience, Someone, Please!!!!

OK, here is the scenario....
Just had a lovely hour on the river with Girlies and have got home, am chilled out, and my mobile rings, it is my youngest son.
He is ringing to tell me that he has run over a brick in the road 'that came out of nowhere' he is, of course, in my car.
Apparently my wheel is bent and I have a puncture, funny thing that He 'doesn't think' the axle is damaged.
aaaagggghhhhhhhh....and breathe.....aggggghhhhh..
He is in my car because when he was over here the other week he went out to his car and it wouldn't start, because he had left the lights on. So he then gets the jump leads and tries to start the car, it won't start. IT WON'T START BECAUSE HE HAS PUT THE JUMP LEADS ON THE WRONG WAY ROUND!!!! Now he has done that before to my old Volvo 480 and blown my electrics, so we are going over old ground here. Soooooo, he takes my car and his car goes to our local guy to sort out when he has time. His car is ready now, but of course he has now killed my car. Luckily I have a 4x4 to drive around in, but need to take a mortgage for petrol and would love to get mine back in one piece. He is a lovely lad, looks after my Girlies when I am away at OH's, takes me to Shows and puts the tent up and stuff, can't fault him, but WHY oh WHY does he keep doing stupid things??? My almost new built-in freezer is a recent casualty, despite me telling him not to, he chipped at some ice with a sharp knife and then said 'oh there's a hissing noise Mum, the gas is escaping....' yes son that is because you have stabbed it with the knife I told you not to use......
Please Please Please, send me loads of Patience, Please. I have run out here
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Jane...... keep away from anything sharp....

Good job you love 'im

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:46 PM
... and there was I telling myself that I wished I did have kids, coz now they would be all grown up and looking after me in my old age - WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say??? Deep breaths then...... Has he got the bill yet for HIS car, coz Dave just said "well, he's f***d that then with those jump leads" That'll be the next shock then!

Big hugs, you sound like you might need them.xxxxxxxx((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Paul has just rung with the bill for the car, £82, he has got away lightly he says. It cost a lot more than that when he blew my Volvo up and took him months to get done, he lived here then so I just used his car. Just don't want to think how much it is going to cost to sort my poor Mazda MX3 out, it has alloy wheels for a start, so if he has bent one that will mean a complete new set Probably a new tyre, which means I will have to put 2 on so they match
I mean, how does a brick 'appear from nowhere'
was it invisible, was it a high speed brick, wasn't it holding its mummies hand???
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 08:00 PM
It's like those trees that jump out of nowhere.......

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 08:04 PM
ah so I have all the car stuff to look forward to, but gordon just recently killed my dishwasher,,,,and he still wont was a plate,,,,argggggg
hugs hun x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2008, 08:10 PM
My eldest son has had a his own seat in casualty since he was about 2 years old. He writes off cars and motorbikes like some people pop their washing into the machine. Between the two of them I often wonder what sanity is like
Thank goodness they no longer live here, because there are loads of things I don't know about, I just hear the highlights
I have not heard anything since, so no idea if my car has got back in one piece or not, and I am scared to ask, because I may find out
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 08:34 PM
And that my dear is why, us humans, nurture our own children for so long and continue to remain in contact with them (in most cases) as if it were left to others they would've been killed, survival of the fittest and all that, whereas us, as parents, have that tiny jot more tolerance that prevents us from wringing their necks during their teenage years!

I feel your pain.... well I would if it wasn't for the wine induced stupour that is causing me to ramble.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2008, 08:57 PM

just looked up the price of 4 alloys for my car on e bay and you are talking £500
If he tells me he can get me one from the scrap yard, I may just do murder, that car is my prezzie to me and I look after it like a child. It isn't a new one by any means, but it has only 2 previous owners who looked after it well, I have all its service history and it is low mileage, I promised the lady I bought it from that I would care for it, and I have, until I was a good mum and helped him out of a hole he had dug for himself.....calm....breathe.........
Oh Wishbone, they are not teenagers, one is 38 and one is 30
Cariad in my car

The Perpetrator
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:00 PM
The car's fab, and your son looks like he's at Woodstock
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »