Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 04:57 AM

Daily thread Sunday 1st October 2023

Morning all, been awake for ages again, touch wood, my feet feel much better today and my shoulders, I hate the side effects of steroids but god....I love the good side of them!! Makes me realize how sore I had been, nevermind....onwards and upwards!
Have nothing planned today except a little mooch with the dogs, and hopefully I will enjoy it for the first time in months.
Do you remember the saga with Steve's helmet? Well, he ordered another one I found that was a bit cheaper....he has decided he doesn't like it! He "doesn't look good in it" tbh, is it really about how you look?? Surely it's more about your skull not being squished and your brain turning to mush....but what would I know! He did 18 miles on his bike yesterday....only pedalled 5 and was informing me that there was a golf course near his house.... errrrrrrrrrrrr yes, I know, I am barred from there.....he has lived there around 15 years I think and has only just realised lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 06:47 AM
Morning Kelly and all to come. Freezer defrosted yesterday and then Margaret and I just sat and ate and talked till 5pm. Amazing what we talk about Margaret and I. But then I have known her for 23 years. Hope you all have a good day today. Bit overcast so hoping it doesn't rain when I go for my wander. Kelly, why are you barred from the golf course? Was it because you collected their lost golf balls? lol!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 08:04 AM
White rabbits.

Good morning Ladies, and all to follow. Its October already WOW well all 16 seats for our "work" Christmas meal filled some disappointed poeople asking me organise another but I am not, will stick with those who replied first. But have 5 newbies added to next years list.

I am enjoying catching up on the All Creatuires Great and Small series, easy watching. This weekend has simply become a stay in weekend and I am enjoying it, been for a stroll and now salmon and scrambled eggs today for breakfast.

Griff It must be worrying for you, hope things fall into place. Okay got to ask how did Stve travel 18 miles and only pedal 5? Helmet does it matter what it looks like he cannot see it and he is travelling past people and not many people offer/or have opinons on bike helmets as people
cycle past in them LOL.

Brenda Good morning your comment got me thinking I was in Sainsburys yesterday and bumped into my friends Sylvia's sisterAnglea (she is a friend too but through her sister) and we were talking about their older sister Janet,who is possibly being made redundant tomorrow Monday there ae talks taking place. Anyhow we digrested slightly about something prompting I think a lady who Angela to say "how long have you known each other" too which I realised Sylvia and I met first day of primary at 5 and we are both 60 now so 55 years. She moved up North when she married but when we see each other iots like time has stood still.

Chris Hope the weather is kind to you on your breakfast stroll today. How is your daughter doing? And did you manage to "move on" the not much use scooters yet?

Sue Sounds like the girls have properly settled in now all you need is their Mom and a full set. Glad all your lads painting went well surprising how it brightens things up isn't it a lick of paint. I am going to travel past Dawns kennels next week (I know now they were your kennels)

Lynn A couple of friends of mine are going to their caravan for the new year they meet up before Christmas and then for the new year they always seem to enjoy it. How is Freya now with Brewster? And how is your brother coping?

Right salmon and scrambled eggs with maybe a couple of tomatoes coming up, along with black coffee. Catch you all later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 08:38 AM
Pleased you and Margaret had a good time Brenda. Errrrrrrrrrrrr well, it was a Christmas party at work and it was in the hotel but of the golf course..... incredibly posh, I actually didn't do anything but we were all asked to leave and told we had a lifetime ban lol.....not my sort of place but if I want to go there....I will!
Kazz, Steve has an electric bike now....it lives in his living room currently, just like his scooter, I forget he is 54 !!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry to hear your news Kelly do hope the consultant will listen to you. Surely you have the right to get him to listen to your old consultant who really knows your condition and how best to go about things. I would suggest strong words are needed as sometimes we know our bodies better than they do. Hugs

Breakfast sounds good Kazz if. you like fish Enjoy your quiet day

Pleased freezer defrosted and the world put to rights by your and Margaret Brenda. enjoy you stroll

It was lovely and sunny first thing but now overcast hope it doesn't rain as have a machine load of washing out drying. Teazle walked and a bit of gardening done, just cutting back some roses and cutting dead wood from a bush and a tree.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 10:11 AM
It's a bit complicated Sue, my old consultant is absolutely amazing and truly listens, the new one.... isn't really interested, forms opinions quickly and doesn't listen at all, they both have an "interest" in granulomatosis, they have infact written a paper together. Apparently if my old consultant asks him to refer me to Oxford...he won't, I can only assume it would be like admitting Dr dubey is better.... which he is! I just have to hope that my GP will join the rebellion and support me with our plan....if not, it's going to cost me around 3-400 hundred quid in blood tests.....a month!
I feel much better today, my feet feel much less sore and I got down the stairs much better, I just hope I stay like this when I drop the dose tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Got my soup maker out for the first time this autumn....made sweet potato and tomato soup, made sure I left the onion out so the dogs can have some....Kota approves