View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 08:52 PM

Help needed on getting upgrade on daughters phone.

Hi all

My daughter has been on her present contract for one year, she has one more year in the contract.

Several of her friends have told her if she phones and asks foran upgrade she will get one.

Is this how contracts work? We have never had one before...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Hi all

My daughter has been on her present contract for one year, she has one more year in the contract.

Several of her friends have told her if she phones and asks foran upgrade she will get one.

Depends on the contract, as some providers only let you upgrade after the end of the contract, some a few months before the contract ends & some half way through.
One of daughters was with three on a 2 year contract & upgraded to a new phone after 12 months.
I'm on Orange on an 18 month & get mine a few months before the 18 months is up.
I recently got a blackberry & I love it - even though I don't know how to use it properly

It's worth ringing them & asking though! We do all our upgrades through the carphone warehouse now - you can do this whichever provider you are with & they seem to have a better choice in phones.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Anyhow, I would ring them, whichever company your daughter is with and they will tell you her eligibility and what phones are on offer to her. Some companys even have an automated service that tells you when you are eligible for a new phone.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Hi all

I would phone your provider, they will tell you when she is eligible for change,

But I think, 12 mths through a 2yr contract, will not be eligible for an upgrade,

As others have said, usually a couple of mths before!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I have a 2 year contract, and can't get an upgrade till about 2 months before the contract is up for renewal!