Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He's a nice young Dog. Id prefer a flatter skull and less throatyness (is that a word???) I agree he can look a little straight in stifle but doubt he actually is. Plenty of bone and substance, definately a male! A promising young lad!
yup throaty,,is the right word, tbh you can hide a good deal of that with a show lead, he may fill it out a bit when he fills out but will always be a tad thoaty,,
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
yup throaty,,is the right word, tbh you can hide a good deal of that with a show lead, he may fill it out a bit when he fills out but will always be a tad thoaty,,
would have like to see him in a show lead as to see his flow of neck, without having hands on, he seems to have a nice lay of shoulder, plenty of boning, nice eye shape and colour, narrow in chest but is only young, nice even marking would have prefer Mahogney rather then tan(nit picking)All male
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 11:51 AM
He is lovely Am xxdk
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for your replies, I am enjoying reading these critiques, very interesting.

By throatiness, does that mean he has a bit much excess on his neck, or does it mean something else?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Thanks for your replies, I am enjoying reading these critiques, very interesting.

By throatiness, does that mean he has a bit much excess on his neck, or does it mean something else?
Yes it means he has some excess loose skin on his neck, you can see it sits above his collar although it may not look as prominient if he were in a show lead.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Ta Kel, I thought it was this. I agree it does look as though he has a fat neck lol Bit like a double-chin
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I love pics of this big boy,oooooh he is so all male.The points that a few have said I would have to agree on as he will get better as he matures.I find males are a little slower to mature,I also feel his ears are a little low but it's hard to tell by the pics.I have taken pics of Asta and said to myself oh man thats horrid.It is hard to judge a dog from pics as I prefer to see the dog in all it's glory and on the move too.He is a lovely Rott I feel his pics aren't doing him the justice he deserves and I love him.Good luck in the ring with him and get yourselves out to more shows too,xxxxxxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post

Yes, but a well placed show lead will help :smt002 :smt001
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:51 PM
He's gorgeous. A happy and contented looking dog.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Well having seen and gone over Marius in the flesh the throatiness is exagerated in the pictures and he definitely does have a better turn of stifle than is shown, Ears do appear quite big but his head still has some changes to go through, maybe alittle short in the body for ideal and possibley needs to be up on his feet slightly more. Other than that though he is one of my favorite rottie slobber chops

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2